+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The show of apathy towards this thread points to why many of you old b a s t a r d s will be gasping for breath in a hospital bed in the next few weeks.

It’s coming........WAKEY,WAKEY.

Too much complacency!
    I first posted this thread on 28th February which is 16 days ago and then I “bumped” it on the 3rd of March due to lack of response.

I naturally look on the dark side of life but at times like this I’m glad I do.

I just get a feeling about stuff that I can’t explain.......same with Northern Rock in 2007,I just knew the world was in trouble and so it was proved a year later as the financial world crashed.

When Gordon Brown said it’d take a “couple of years” to correct itself I laughed out loud and said to my missus it’d take ten years plus at best.

Same with this......it’ll take years to recover from this.

If ever!

I first posted this thread on 28th February which is 16 days ago and then I “bumped” it on the 3rd of March due to lack of response.

I naturally look on the dark side of life but at times like this I’m glad I do.

I just get a feeling about stuff that I can’t explain.......same with Northern Rock in 2007,I just knew the world was in trouble and so it was proved a year later as the financial world crashed.

When Gordon Brown said it’d take a “couple of years” to correct itself I laughed out loud and said to my missus it’d take ten years plus at best.

Same with this......it’ll take years to recover from this.

If ever!
    I am not sure anyone has dissed the advice given. What some, unfortunately, the minority, are doing is going about their daily life but taking best care to ensure they and the community they live in remain safe. As I say, that is what the minority are doing. The majority are going to the shops marauding through isles to get what they can so that they and only they are ok. Others go online and use social media to spread fake news and conspiracies along with whatever gloom they can find or imagine up.

One of the most obvious things is that industries far and wide were going to be affected and some people are going to die. Not sure one has to look to deep to understand that. It is a bad situation, however, I am not going to worry about it because other than doing what I can to keep myself and those I come into contact with safe, there is nothing moore I can do.

Just be aware.

Even if you don't catch the bug you're very likely going to suffer shortages of a lot of goods.

All my suppliers have their goods made in China and our planned orders due from now onwards are now going to be at least two months late.

We will run out of many ***** items in the coming couple of weeks, many companies are in the same boat.

The stock market fell by 13% this week which is the largest weekly fall since the world financial crisis in 2008.

If you're invested in a pension scheme don't check it present as it'll depress you.

China need calling out for their disgusting practices regarding the way they allow people to store live wild animals in these filthy marketplaces where wild animals, fish,poultry and people are crammed "cheek by jowl".

Every time there's a new virus or disease it seems to emanate from this region.........it's not good enough.

The Chinese need to start educating their people and treating this as seriously as they do if someone says something rude about Chairman Mao!

This virus situation is more serious than many seem to realise.

I first posted this back in February a month before we even locked down, it makes interesting reading looking through the various posts again.

I felt we were heading for dangerous times but not in the way that we are now.

Europe locking down again is going to be financial Armageddon, the ramifications of all of this are going to last for generations.

Brexit is a gnat bite on an elephant’s a r s e in financial comparison to this ongoing catastrophe.

Meanwhile..........we all go back into our kennels to protect 0.01 of the population, most of whom would be dying anyway whilst many more people die from cancer they could’ve been saved from.

I will keep saying this........there is only one answer, even if a vaccine arrives.

We have to build the health provision to cope with the modelling that predicts a worse case outcome for Covid customers each year.

It is the only answer......why can’t governments see this.

Idiots!!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    If it becomes a pandemic here then football games will be called off and the season could end prematurely, it would be just our luck.
    Every cloud has a silver lining

I follow all the guidelines, i wear a mask, a lot of people say that it suits me, i wash my hands and face, i social distance, people are grateful for that as well.
    But for me it is no coincidence that when we had lockdown and schools and universities closed Covid almost disappeared.
    In the month or so since they reopened cases of surged again.
    There will always be idiots who flaunt the rules, but they don't spread it as fast as large groups congregated in centrally heated classrooms.

It’s going to seem like a long Winter. The signs are that we are all going to be locked down again, but this time we won’t have nice weather to enjoy. What is particularly depressing is the sense that there is nobody that really has a clue about what strategy we should be taking. The restrictions on pub openings is very irritating; with everyone seated at reasonably well spaced out tables, there is no reason why, for example, a band shouldn’t play at one end of the room, also, the 10pm closing time is nonsensical. At least swimming pools are open, although even there, some silly rules have been applied, presumably because some manager can then say look at the actions I have taken, even though those actions are stupid. It’s a pity that there can’t be a competition to see if anyone can come through all this s**t more grumpy than me!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    It’s going to seem like a long Winter. The signs are that we are all going to be locked down again, but this time we won’t have nice weather to enjoy. What is particularly depressing is the sense that there is nobody that really has a clue about what strategy we should be taking. The restrictions on pub openings is very irritating; with everyone seated at reasonably well spaced out tables, there is no reason why, for example, a band shouldn’t play at one end of the room, also, the 10pm closing time is nonsensical. At least swimming pools are open, although even there, some silly rules have been applied, presumably because some manager can then say look at the actions I have taken, even though those actions are stupid. It’s a pity that there can’t be a competition to see if anyone can come through all this s**t more grumpy than me!
    I think that you might have quite a bit of competition on that one Kettering!

We have watched with interest how the UK have dealt with this virus and have not been surprised by the result of the ineffective Governments of the four home nations and to a greater extent the population in general and that a second lockdown appear imminent. Why, when trends showed a decline, was everywhere allowed to open again, it was akin to closing the front door to keep the cold out and then using the wood to light a fire to keep warm!

It is so easy to suggest remedy’s, however, there was an strong belief in herd immunity up until a week or so ago. Now scientist believe that the immune system will break down and re-infection can occur, so herd immunity appears a non starter. So what other real options do Governments have? And I think we can discount letting people die.

I can't see football grounds being built or extended any time soon or indeed even ever.
    The grounds we have are already too big.
    Huge crowds might be a thing of the past.
    I can't see a cure for a virus that mutates.
    The way we live could be changed forever.
    I think the herd idea in the first place was probably the best idea, although it would have meant lots of deaths and hospital's being overwhelmed.
    But by containing the virus we are prolonging it.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I follow all the guidelines, i wear a mask, a lot of people say that it suits me, i wash my hands and face, i social distance, people are grateful for that as well.
    But for me it is no coincidence that when we had lockdown and schools and universities closed Covid almost disappeared.
    In the month or so since they reopened cases of surged again.
    There will always be idiots who flaunt the rules, but they don't spread it as fast as large groups congregated in centrally heated classrooms.
    How do we know it almost disappeared in the summer? Most people don’t have any symptoms and therefore didn’t go for tests in the summer. The numbers being reported then, as now could have been way off the mark.

Testing levels were nowhere near as high as they are now. If covid almost disappeared who was it who created the sudden increases and where did they get it from? People be they young, old or ancient had to have the virus to pass it on.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)