+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reading v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Luton score a 93rd minute penalty equaliser....bad day all round! Still only 5 points off safety though. And George Miller scores for S****horpe day of shocks all round.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Let’s be fair mate a 30% Chaplin is more likely to score than a 100% Schmidt.
    This is the very thing we've discussed on here for many a month .

The lack of quality and depth to the squad just isn't there for the level we are at .

Definitely a performance that had fatigue written all over it as I suspected after the victory at Hull on Wednesday night .

It is what it is and we are where we are .

We have simply left ourselves too much ground to make up. Wigan steaming along and credit to them. Keiffer Moore forra couple o million to your relegation rivals anybody?

Will Dog tweet toneet ?

Assad sed befooar al wait until Cardiff at ooam and QPR away are done befooar reflecting on aar chances of staying up.

All that glistens is not gold. Shrewd move selling Moore and that Sam Morsy / Wigan/ Linton Brown carry on still a mystery.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 29-02-2020 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    Dominated possession, 21 shots
    Aye and most of em landing in the car park across the road .

We weren't anywhere near as terrible as we ave bin, their goals, first ones just an absolute joke, 2nd they broke on us, passings been better for sure but we dominated possession, I think they were there for the taking and although we had plenty of shots, they mainly came at the end of ponderous and over played moves, mowatt can't get over em, how bout a daisy cutter for a change Alex? Some daft fracas at the end wi fans I dint see it apart from a load of 13 yr olds spoilin for a rumble, listen this ent sent us down there's still a chance, I dint want chappers to go off either, but the lad weren't gerrin a kick so the managers tried somat an it ent worked.

On to the next un

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    We weren't anywhere near as terrible as we ave bin, their goals, first ones just an absolute joke, 2nd they broke on us, passings been better for sure but we dominated possession, I think they were there for the taking and although we had plenty of shots, they mainly came at the end of ponderous and over played moves, mowatt can't get over em, how bout a daisy cutter for a change Alex? Some daft fracas at the end wi fans I dint see it apart from a load of 13 yr olds spoilin for a rumble, listen this ent sent us down there's still a chance, I dint want chappers to go off either, but the lad weren't gerrin a kick so the managers tried somat an it ent worked.

On to the next un
    No your right its not over but our margin of error is very low , to say the least .

Back on the canvas but far from knocked out .

We have a week until the next game which is more than helpful and a chance to recharge the batteries and we go again .

Its still looking impossible at this stage, but we aren't down just yet and thats what 3 wins in a row has done for us. We cant do anything though about Stoke & Luton & Wigan especially, who are all picking up wins now.

The Bbc reporter suggested Reading's lead was starting to look under threat and their keeper brtilliantly denied Woodrow right on half time. If that goes in and its 1-1 then who knows eh!.
    And he said Brown had missed a sitter or two when he should have done much better etc.
    Last edited by Acido; 29-02-2020 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Its still looking impossible at this stage, but we aren't down just yet and thats what 3 wins in a row has done for us. We cant do anything though about Stoke & Luton & Wigan especially, who are all picking up wins now.

The Bbc reporter suggested Reading's lead was starting to look under threat and their keeper brtilliantly denied Woodrow right on half time. If that goes in and its 1-1 then who knows eh!.
    And he said Brown had missed a sitter or two when he should have done much better etc.
    Brown was such a good solid reliable finisher last season and I thought it was his greatest asset .

This season whilst much of his play is decent the finishing has totally deserted him .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Brown was such a good solid reliable finisher last season and I thought it was his greatest asset .
    This season whilst much of his play is decent the finishing has totally deserted him .
    It happened to Moore didn't it this time 2 years ago. And its painfully hard to watch at times when a certain player keeps on missing sitters, especially when we're in a desperate relegation scrap.
    Im a fan of Jacob's and its a shame that one missed sitter kind of ruins all of his other hard work.
    Anyway we move on, the countdown starts now with 10 games left.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast