+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-League Win Everything, Football League Win Nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    In a nutshell I don’t mind us being visitors to the National League but wouldn’t want us to become residents.
    That's a very well summed up nutshell.

I'm enjoying Saturday nights a lot more this season than I did last, but I would rather be enjoying them a division or two higher.

Quote Originally Posted by NottsOnTheUp View Post
    Would you rather play Non-league and win everything or football league. (One or Two) and win nothing?
    Their is the question!
    If they stick with NA and his negative ways then I don't think we have a choice in the matter , we will stay in none league winning nothing..
    Just because we don't want to play sideways football doesn't mean the only other option his Hoofball, please advise NA there are other systems available in football , its not a choice of those two !
    Don't be fooled by todays victory !

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    If they stick with NA and his negative ways then I don't think we have a choice in the matter , we will stay in none league winning nothing..
    Just because we don't want to play sideways football doesn't mean the only other option his Hoofball, please advise NA there are other systems available in football , its not a choice of those two !
    Don't be fooled by todays victory !
    Yeah we’re in the semi final of the cup and have dropped out of the play offs because we’ve got up to 3 games in hand.
    But you’re right there’s not a shred of evidence to suggest we can win anything with NA as manager!
    Nobody was ‘fooled’ by today’s victory.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The thought of being non league for any more than a couple of seasons at the very most is disturbing.

Notts should be smashing up league 2 never mind f00kin about down here.
    We need to get back into L2 within 3 seasons or we are in serious danger of becoming long term residents down here like Wrexham have.

However , why the hell should we be smashing up L2 ? We haven't done that since the season of fake money, and prior to that it was 1998!!!

Of course there is no reason we can't we just need to find a better manager and keep with this season's trend of much improved recruitment and stability.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Are the spelling police on strike today?

They are more inconsistent than Notts

You can tell him it’s there and not their

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Yeah we’re in the semi final of the cup and have dropped out of the play offs because we’ve got up to 3 games in hand.
    But you’re right there’s not a shred of evidence to suggest we can win anything with NA as manager!
    Nobody was ‘fooled’ by today’s victory.
    Seems like you've been fooled KTD...SEMI FINAL of a Mickey mouse cup....get real...!
    Do you think we will win the 3 games in hand.?
    Remember we have got a tough mother of an away game at flyde coming up.! Sounds like we will be lucky to get a draw with their impressive home form
    Remember woking and hartlepool...?
    With the squad we have we should be top two...
    With the manager we have we will be lucky to be top ten....

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    You can tell him it’s there and not their
    It's a football message board , it's not important, so I don't think I'll bother.

Hoping Big & Fat will tell us why we should be smashing up L2. Could be a gem of an answer.

Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Who in the right f00king mind would wanna stay in non league football.
    And who would want to visit sh*tholes every other week ???

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Seems like you've been fooled KTD...SEMI FINAL of a Mickey mouse cup....get real...!
    Do you think we will win the 3 games in hand.?
    Remember we have got a tough mother of an away game at flyde coming up.! Sounds like we will be lucky to get a draw with their impressive home form
    Remember woking and hartlepool...?
    With the squad we have we should be top two...
    With the manager we have we will be lucky to be top ten....
    I think we have every chance of winning those games, yes.
    If you genuinely think we’ll be lucky to make top ten but by some miracle we actually got promoted, would you feel embarrassed and ashamed to celebrate? Because I would! Why would we be lucky to make the top ten when we’ve spent much of the season there?
    And regarding the cup. Yes it might be a Mickey Mouse cup and I’d have absolutely used it to keep fringe players fit. However we’re now in touching distance from Wembley. That may not mean anything to a lot of fans but I started following Notts as a kid in the mid 90s. I had two incredible days out going to the Anglo Italian finals and it was days like those that I will remember forever. Regardless of how prestigious (or not) this cup is we have a chance to take that young generation on a day out they’ll never forget. I’m sure the Anglo Italian was viewed negatively by some, but it helped cement my love for the club.
    So stop stating your tainted opinions as facts because you don’t like the manager and just be a supporter!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I think we have every chance of winning those games, yes.
    If you genuinely think we’ll be lucky to make top ten but by some miracle we actually got promoted, would you feel embarrassed and ashamed to celebrate? Because I would! Why would we be lucky to make the top ten when we’ve spent much of the season there?
    And regarding the cup. Yes it might be a Mickey Mouse cup and I’d have absolutely used it to keep fringe players fit. However we’re now in touching distance from Wembley. That may not mean anything to a lot of fans but I started following Notts as a kid in the mid 90s. I had two incredible days out going to the Anglo Italian finals and it was days like those that I will remember forever. Regardless of how prestigious (or not) this cup is we have a chance to take that young generation on a day out they’ll never forget. I’m sure the Anglo Italian was viewed negatively by some, but it helped cement my love for the club.
    So stop stating your tainted opinions as facts because you don’t like the manager and just be a supporter!
    I'm a realist, I wasn't anti NA when he was appointed but ,the opposite I thought he was a good appointment .However his negative attitude took us down and his negative attitude will keep us down...
    The embarrassment is when we get played off the park by teams at this level.Teams with less money and facilities but somehow manage to play us of the park.
    I think NA'Scomments after the pool game summed him up completely.
    The fact the majority of our games are now away from home will expose NA for what he is, limited and inept.
    Just my opinion but all will be revealed.
    If we get promoted I will be more amazed than embarrassed.
    Would you consider winning the Mickey mouse cup and not getting promoted as a successful campaign ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast