Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Page 2 of 279 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Each day the virus spreads

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Numbers update. 🙂 From the BBC:

"South Korea reports 476 new cases, total 4,212, and four more deaths, total 26"

So, current mortality rate in SK of 0.62%.
    It's not so much the percentage it's more about the number who might catch it. 1% of a million is still a lot of deaths. Not saying a million is going to catch it but we just dont know yet. Any whispers on where the Tayside case is? Got family over there and 3 of them in high risk categories

I haven't heard anything. It's quite mind boggling to me that everyone coming off a plane from Italy (et cetera) aren't being routinely tested. 🤔

Why the bl00dy secrecy about who has got the bug in Tayside and where. Surely the quickest and best way to find out possible contacts is for folk to get to know who/where and come forward if appropriate. Also, surely, in difficult times with a deadly virus on the go we are not stuck with data protection laws that could put folk's lives at risk. But in modern day politically correct/must follow the rules Britain who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    Why the bl00dy secrecy about who has got the bug in Tayside and where. Surely the quickest and best way to find out possible contacts is for folk to get to know who/where and come forward if appropriate. Also, surely, in difficult times with a deadly virus on the go we are not stuck with data protection laws that could put folk's lives at risk. But in modern day politically correct/must follow the rules Britain who knows?
    Plenty rumours going about Dundee that the person who kicked this off here is in isolation and other people are being tested.

Think this is a prime example of media creating a bigger issue about what is just another form of the flu that goes around every winter!

Did Dundee not try out the whole quarantine/behind closed doors thing in the cup against Motherwell?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Ok, the BBC reckon it's probably 1% with the proviso that the isn't enough data to be able to calculate it yet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51674743

Point remains though, is it being over-hyped?

Personally, I'm classed as being in a venerable group (due to an existing illness, not age) and it's quite unnerving seeing loved ones getting in a bit of a panic about this. ☹️
    I am in the same boat as you mate,my immune system is suppressed to treat a medical condition.I had to go to Ninewells today to visit someone and didna really want to go.

Meanwhile, the Swiss Football League has been put "on hold" until 23 March after a meeting between all 20 clubs on Monday discussed "various solutions".

That decision comes after the Swiss government banned events involving more than 1,000 people until 15 March. The league added fixtures "will be resumed and continued as usual" should the government ban not be extended further.

Smokers, people on medication which lower immune system, heart condition, liver conditions, and breathing conditions, old people over 80 are most at risk.

In next 12 months medics predict 80,000 people going to die in UK.

Instead of stopping public gatherings it’s sing happy birthday twice over WITH SOAP.

Having listened to lots of experts - the hope is we can contain it until June/July and hope that it mutates to a lesser threat.
    Apparently that is what happened to the other recent dangerous viruses. This one though people can carry the virus while not having any symptoms,

The SFA and Premiership lot have had a meeting and have decided that they will have another meeting to decide if they need to take any action about football matches. Obviously need to consult with the Old Firm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    Smokers, people on medication which lower immune system, heart condition, liver conditions, and breathing conditions, old people over 80 are most at risk.

In next 12 months medics predict 80,000 people going to die in UK.

Instead of stopping public gatherings itís sing happy birthday twice over WITH SOAP.

Having listened to lots of experts - the hope is we can contain it until June/July and hope that it mutates to a lesser threat.
    Apparently that is what happened to the other recent dangerous viruses. This one though people can carry the virus while not having any symptoms,

Well that's me phucked,but do not worry troops i will get Affshore or Terence to post my obituary poem.

Page 2 of 279 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast