Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Page 55 of 279 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Each day the virus spreads

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Ha ha dinna, I’ve spent the past week telling people they’re posting fake news

Ane last night was NHS saying no alcohol. Social media = full of idiots
    *water. Neat vodka can be substituted where not available.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Fair point well made J but you are only in hospital if you have got it bad mate,its still a big number of people putting a strain on the NHS who in normal times would just be getting on with their lives.I wonder how many are self isolating at home or don't even know they have it,half a million to a million maybe?,we will probably never know.
    I hate to think the numbers who have had it at home. My best mate has had it. My brother currently has it, and my mums best pal has it. It's ****ing everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I hate to think the numbers who have had it at home. My best mate has had it. My brother currently has it, and my mums best pal has it. It's ****ing everywhere.
    A professor from the Imperial college of London thinks that the number infected is between 1.3 to 2 million in the UK.The death rate from covid 19 is 3.4%,with the flu its 1%.This virus puts its wee cousin the flu in the shade people are getting it without anyone coughing on them they only need to be in the same room and its transmitted.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 31-03-2020 at 09:50 PM.

They all based in Dundee? How’s your brother doing with it?

I don't know anyone in my family, friends, colleagues etc. who has it or has had it, and I live in the NHS area that has the most cases.

Doctor Deborah Birx who is part of Trump's covid 19 team is hopeful that with mitigation the USA can keep the deaths down to between 100,000 and 240,000,with no intervention she predicted 1,500,000 to 2,000,000.Its just a pity the president never took the virus seriously or those figures would have been much lower.
    The trouble with Trump is he does not like science and until very recently he never listened to the scientists,he listens to them now though.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    They all based in Dundee? How’s your brother doing with it?
    My best mate came back from France with it. He had the cough and lost his sense of smell & taste but was generally felt OK. My mums pal I don't know. My brother woke up one night last week with a massive fever, then was aching the next morning. That's passed but he's since developed a sore throat for a week now which is getting worse and now at the point where he can't eat because of it. The doctor has him on strong antibiotics to try and clear his throat but he's been told to monitor it closely over the next two days as its close to affecting his airways.

And yeah sorry mate, my brother & my mums pal are Carnoustie/Barry. My best mate is Brechin but currently back offshore despite still coughing and unable to taste. The onshore medic passed him to work.

My best mate came back from France with it. He had the cough and lost his sense of smell & taste but was generally felt OK. My mums pal I don't know. My brother woke up one night last week with a massive fever, then was aching the next morning. That's passed but he's since developed a sore throat for a week now which is getting worse and now at the point where he can't eat because of it. The doctor has him on strong antibiotics to try and clear his throat but he's been told to monitor it closely over the next two days as its close to affecting his airways.
    Jesus phuck that it is scary stuff mate,i wish your brother all the very best.

Thanks mate! Here's hoping.

Page 55 of 279 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast