Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Page 1 of 297 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Each day the virus spreads

Each day the virus spreads

One case now in Tayside.

When our city has 100 cases will United stop playing in front of spectators.

The Guard of Honour Derby may be played without any Arabs present.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    One case now in Tayside.

When our city has 100 cases will United stop playing in front of spectators.

The Guard of Honour Derby may be played without any Arabs present.
    I hope Wagner and the Red Arrows are still coming?.

They were saying in the paper on Saturday that the English Leagues may be null and void this year if matches have to be scrapped. Not really a laughing matter if it happens here!

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    They were saying in the paper on Saturday that the English Leagues may be null and void this year if matches have to be scrapped. Not really a laughing matter if it happens here!
    Wouldnt believe a word in any newspaper tbh but this is defo a serious situation. One in Tayside will only escalate. Games being played closed doors is what we could expect but unfortunately, its going to take a few deaths b4 that happens. League will be finished before the government presses the panic button. Futba might be the least of our worries.

Personally.Me dying? Thats the last thing i will do.

What I don't get about this; the death rate is (as far as can be sensibly established) less than that of flu but the panic is palpable. Is it justified or is this a huge exaggeration?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    What I don't get about this; the death rate is (as far as can be sensibly established) less than that of flu but the panic is palpable. Is it justified or is this a huge exaggeration?
    That's not true. Currently Coronavirus is 20 times more likely to kill you than normal flu. It's running at a 2% death rate whereas normal flu sits at 0.1%.

Caught worse fae burds in the Mardi and the Enigma days. FACT

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    That's not true. Currently Coronavirus is 20 times more likely to kill you than normal flu. It's running at a 2% death rate whereas normal flu sits at 0.1%.
    Ok, the BBC reckon it's probably 1% with the proviso that the isn't enough data to be able to calculate it yet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51674743

Point remains though, is it being over-hyped?

Personally, I'm classed as being in a venerable group (due to an existing illness, not age) and it's quite unnerving seeing loved ones getting in a bit of a panic about this. ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Caught worse fae burds in the Mardi and the Enigma days. FACT
    😂😂😂😂

Numbers update. 🙂 From the BBC:

"South Korea reports 476 new cases, total 4,212, and four more deaths, total 26"

So, current mortality rate in SK of 0.62%.

Page 1 of 297 1231151101 ... LastLast