+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Come in map? Where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I miss arguing the toss about Brexit and I was getting excited that perhaps we could have a similar set to about this.
    I think there's plenty more mileage in Brexit yet 59, the EU are still convinced they're running Hotel California, while Boris insists on being shown to the Check Out desk. It could be quite entertaining as Barnier has to get to grips with the fact that he's not dealing with the hapless Theresa May any more, he's dealing with a man who's used to winning. I'm sure we'll find something to fall out about on the way.

The first thread I have read for a while as I have been very busy is this one.

I thought this Forum was for exchanging ideas, giving a different slant on things from the team we all love to topics that drift in and out of the news daily, and most of all for us main members to have Banter with a lot of fun.

Regulars all know each other, or should know each other and what to expect from one another, for example one poster who I don't think has added to this particular thread did not like a post I put up a year or so ago because he thought it was racist, in my mind it was not racist but just the way I speak/write, so he took offence which is fine as everyone has a right to THEIR view and to air that thought.

For me, Alf has never altered his ways after years and years of reading his posts, he speaks/writes as he thinks, just like myself, I have never read anything he has put that really has intended to hurt, belittle or attack someone, he's here for the crack and nothing else.

His first comment on this thread was tongue in cheek, and everyone who knows him knows that, but a few have taken offence and had their say, which again is all well and good, but come on, this PC nonsense is too much and I'd hope that this Forum is one where you can speak your mind to fellow posters without taking offence and jumping on the lunatic PC band wagon.

Just for the record this Government is more concerned about PC Bollox, as in you cannot address a nurse as "love", rather than dealing with Housing, Crime and all the rest of the important things, so how the hell do you expect them to address a Virus ? They are thick as Pig Sh!t, just like the thousands of folk walking about with silly masks on their faces when 98% of them don't even protect them.

Come on lads, its humour between regulars, like gallows humour, its not meant, it just gets us through the real dire times in our lives, lighten up FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

....... .. .. ..
    .... .... .... .. ..
    Come on lads, its humour between regulars, like gallows humour, its not meant, it just gets us through the real dire times in our lives, lighten up FFS.
    well said - Alto !

now lets get serious !

Carl Sagan - The Venusian dinosaur fallacy.

explained in 26 seconds.

Our next door neighbour just nipped round to borrow a pint of milk. OTT or what?

Attachment 15153

The first thread I have read for a while as I have been very busy is this one.

I thought this Forum was for exchanging ideas, giving a different slant on things from the team we all love to topics that drift in and out of the news daily, and most of all for us main members to have Banter with a lot of fun.

Regulars all know each other, or should know each other and what to expect from one another, for example one poster who I don't think has added to this particular thread did not like a post I put up a year or so ago because he thought it was racist, in my mind it was not racist but just the way I speak/write, so he took offence which is fine as everyone has a right to THEIR view and to air that thought.

For me, Alf has never altered his ways after years and years of reading his posts, he speaks/writes as he thinks, just like myself, I have never read anything he has put that really has intended to hurt, belittle or attack someone, he's here for the crack and nothing else.

His first comment on this thread was tongue in cheek, and everyone who knows him knows that, but a few have taken offence and had their say, which again is all well and good, but come on, this PC nonsense is too much and I'd hope that this Forum is one where you can speak your mind to fellow posters without taking offence and jumping on the lunatic PC band wagon.

Just for the record this Government is more concerned about PC Bollox, as in you cannot address a nurse as "love", rather than dealing with Housing, Crime and all the rest of the important things, so how the hell do you expect them to address a Virus ? They are thick as Pig Sh!t, just like the thousands of folk walking about with silly masks on their faces when 98% of them don't even protect them.

I just think posts 2 & 10 are unnecessarily offensive, rather than Alf "just being Alf". Frankly, I think this hyped up Corona Virus is a load of bollox, but map has been in lockdown for quite some time now by a regime which does not take prisoners. I just can't see where the "gallows humour" is.

Anyway phook all of that, how's the move gone?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I just can't see where the "gallows humour" is.Anyway phook all of that, how's the move gone?
    You do surprise me sometimes BT, Gallows Humour is just what it is (Look it up), because the main problem as far as I can see is China are slowly getting to grips with this Virus, while the ridiculous leaders of Gt Britain are not, and all the time they sit on their arses and pontificate (as usual) this Virus can and probably will get worse before it gets better killing many more.

As for the move, we moved in last Friday with the furniture arriving on the same day, still lots of box's and nowhere to put the stuff, no TV, No internet but poncing through the wall off of the sister in laws WiFi, lots to do with a loft conversion with en suite, new Kitchen, New bathroom, new central heating, re wiring, garage to demolish, trees and shrubs to uproot and drive and fencing to do, so we'll be settled hopefully before Christmas comes, thanks for asking BT

You do surprise me sometimes BT, Gallows Humour is just what it is (Look it up), because the main problem as far as I can see is China are slowly getting to grips with this Virus, while the ridiculous leaders of Gt Britain are not, and all the time they sit on their arses and pontificate (as usual) this Virus can and probably will get worse before it gets better killing many more.

As for the move, we moved in last Friday with the furniture arriving on the same day, still lots of box's and nowhere to put the stuff, no TV, No internet but poncing through the wall off of the sister in laws WiFi, lots to do with a loft conversion with en suite, new Kitchen, New bathroom, new central heating, re wiring, garage to demolish, trees and shrubs to uproot and drive and fencing to do, so we'll be settled hopefully before Christmas comes, thanks for asking BT
    FFS Alto, it sounds horrendous, was it really that bad where you were before ?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  15.4 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  15.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    FFS Alto, it sounds horrendous, was it really that bad where you were before ?
    We made more than double on this Bungalow with the House we sold in Bromley after all the work Matron had done before she decided to move, so she is making us start again from scratch, at least we will get it much more the way we like it, plus she said Its O.K. for me to have a man cave in the garden, I've looked online and seen that they are expensive and I thought she'd baulk when I showed her, but she just said if that's what you want get it, I nearly fell off the chair

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)