+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FA Trophy Semi-Final Draw

FA Trophy Semi-Final Draw

Today at 2pm on Talksport 2.

FA Trophy semi-final draw numbers

1 Halesowen Town
    2 Notts County
    3 Concord Rangers or Royston Town (playing Tues night)
    4 Harrogate Town

If nothing else this is great chance of a piece of silverware for Notts and a potential first trip to the new Wembley and first visit at all since 1995. In all honesty I do see this cup as a distraction from the main job in hand for this season but when I talk to my two boys (10 & 7) about the prospect of seeing Notts at Wembley they are bang up for it.

COYP

Just going by previous experience of this situation we find ourselves in, the best thing that can happen now is that we suffer a massive injustice in the semi-final which results in us missing out* and that makes the team and the club as a whole doubly determined to make sure we make it to Wembley in the play offs.

*I'm thinking of Phil Stant v Bristol Rovers.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Just going by previous experience of this situation we find ourselves in, the best thing that can happen now is that we suffer a massive injustice in the semi-final which results in us missing out* and that makes the team and the club as a whole doubly determined to make sure we make it to Wembley in the play offs.

You don't have to think that far back, just think of Coventry.

Or Gazza not sent off for that elbow on Harding

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You don't have to think that far back, just think of Coventry.
    That WAS the play-offs and no second chance, the season stopped dead at that point.

Just sticking with our own history, missing out in the play offs always leads to a hang-over and much worse pain the following season. So it would be better to miss out altogether than to get into the POs and lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Or Gazza not sent off for that elbow on Harding
    Yes, that's another good example.

We were struggling in the league at that point (3 wins in 13) and crazy to think we had to play again just two days after that Spurs QF. Fortunately we were able to re-focus at the end of that campaign with the incredible winning streak.

Yes, that's another good example.

We were struggling in the league at that point (3 wins in 13) and crazy to think we had to play again just two days after that Spurs QF. Fortunately we were able to re-focus at the end of that campaign with the incredible winning streak.
    The game 2 days later was a 1-1 draw with Port Vale - I remember Johnson's late equaliser. Great days of watching Notts.

That WAS the play-offs and no second chance, the season stopped dead at that point.
    Not only did that season stop dead, but the following one as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not only did that season stop dead, but the following one as well!
    Well, that's the worst draw we could have had for me.

Not just because we face the only team above us, but the home leg is when I'm on holiday!

Harrogate away in the first leg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast