+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neil Critchley...

Neil Critchley...

... taking his chances at Blackpool as head coach. A big risk for him moving from Liverpool’s academy so I wish him all the best and better luck in management than Steve Holland, although he hasn’t done too badly in the long run.

Seems our Academy produces good coaches as well as players.... cue Mike SB!

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    ... taking his chances at Blackpool as head coach. A big risk for him moving from Liverpool’s academy so I wish him all the best and better luck in management than Steve Holland, although he hasn’t done too badly in the long run.

Seems our Academy produces good coaches as well as players.... cue Mike SB!
    Your just missing me...

You know, just my opinion but coaching is really dead easy and elementary....Mourino? Can't win a sausage nowadays, why is that? Could he 'coach' us better than eg DA? We don't need assistant managers and just an expensive add on to the wages. Bill Nicholson who was club manager of the great double winning team of the 60's was in charge of the whole club and not just the first team.

Our goalie seems OK but he allowed that Plymouth player to head the ball past him from 6 yards out....Coaching tip boy...Come off your line and punch it or grab it etc....Corners, throw ins? Point made I think!

My work here is done - impossible to add to that. Now where is the rolls eyes emoji?

Hi Mike hope you are keeping well. Rumour I hear is you will be coming out of retirement to advise on the super fast new train system.

If you keep on popping up with these radical posts you will be in danger of becoming even more popular on this forum than I am. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Hi Mike hope you are keeping well. Rumour I hear is you will be coming out of retirement to advise on the super fast new train system.

If you keep on popping up with these radical posts you will be in danger of becoming even more popular on this forum than I am. LOL
    Hi, mate, yes if HS2 comes here they will beg me to come back LOL..

If fans are born in an era when there are coaches and asst coaches and all the thousands of hangers on now at football clubs then they won't know how it was done before they all emerged. The key obviously is to try and get a team that has the skills to play what comes naturally and why the PL sign the best players because they have that talent. Nobody coached Best, Charlton and Greaves or at our level Frank Lord to head a ball. Players were signed as goalies, defenders and strikers and midfield because that is where they had played and were successful. But that was in an era before academies were even thought of and the reason and the ONLY reason players come through them is based simply on how good they are and coaches have very little impact on that ability. In fact they are arguably a hinderance as they want players to play by numbers and not allow them to express themselves. Yes, they can employ tactics to defend or attack etc etc but as I said Mourino can only win games when he has the best players and when he hasn't then he is no better than anybody else.

I bet that most fans who have played football or even watched football have some idea of how the games and/or tactics should be used. Millions of kids and adults play this fabulous game and have never had a coaching lesson in their lives. I will never be convinced we need an 'assistant' manager and there can only be one and why have Lunt in the tech area and DA in the flippin stand....Makes no sense when money is short....

There, he asked for it!

Keep well, we are a dying breed!

Goalkeeper required

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Your just missing me...

You know, just my opinion but coaching is really dead easy and elementary....Mourino? Can't win a sausage nowadays, why is that? Could he 'coach' us better than eg DA? We don't need assistant managers and just an expensive add on to the wages. Bill Nicholson who was club manager of the great double winning team of the 60's was in charge of the whole club and not just the first team.

Our goalie seems OK but he allowed that Plymouth player to head the ball past him from 6 yards out....Coaching tip boy...Come off your line and punch it or grab it etc....Corners, throw ins? Point made I think!
    True about the goalkeeper at Plymouth it was pathetic and last night at Exeter he never comes off his line, no improvement on the last goalkeeper i thought goalkeepers were there to catch the ball?? and help the defence out,corners a nightmare still at Crewe no one ever appears to solve this when its bleeding obvious,where is the coaching !

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    True about the goalkeeper at Plymouth it was pathetic and last night at Exeter he never comes off his line, no improvement on the last goalkeeper i thought goalkeepers were there to catch the ball?? and help the defence out,corners a nightmare still at Crewe no one ever appears to solve this when its bleeding obvious,where is the coaching !

Then next match Keeper comes out punches it and people are saying he should stay on his line? What is it to be.

Something wrong with your theory re coaches Mike. I never had a coach so why didn't I play at the top level? :0)

It doesn’t really matter if the keeper catches or punches as long as he is decisive and his defenders know what he’s going to do. Will isn’t the biggest so expecting him to enter a crowd scene and catch the thing isn’t entirely realistic; if he was the size of Clayton Ince I might agree, but he isn’t and he’s a good shot stopper and has proved himself to be an upgrade on his predecessor.... or don’t you watch every week?

Incidentally, we have a cracking season, playing entertaining football and pretty much every manager says we are one of the best team’s in the League.... and we hear sod all from ****wasin...... we get one point away to 2 of the Top 4 and it posts.

I may have my disagreements with MikeSB and lukcour but we are all agreed on one thing - we post when we’re winning. Get a life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast