+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-League Win Everything, Football League Win Nothing?

Non-League Win Everything, Football League Win Nothing?

Would you rather play Non-league and win everything or football league. (One or Two) and win nothing?
    Their is the question!

If you win the non-league I'm not sure they let you have the option to stay in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    If you win the non-league I'm not sure they let you have the option to stay in it.
    Maybe we could negotiate to stay in the league and have another go at 'Winning it'.

We could gift our spot in league 2 via a raffle for the other 22 teams.

I'd rather win League Two, as we have before. But non-league football has won my respect this season and we should not decry it just because we're a big fish in present company. Pride comes before a fall, while humility can bring respect and rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'd rather win League Two, as we have before. But non-league football has won my respect this season and we should not decry it just because we're a big fish in present company. Pride comes before a fall, while humility can bring respect and rewards.
    I think I agree with you Jackal, to some extent. I have enjoyed the novelty of playing in non league and it has widened my respect and indeed my horizons with regard to football outside the top four leagues. However, I would be lying if I didn't say I'm desperate for us to get back in the league so lets win the Trophy and the play off's this season please and then put it all behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by NottsOnTheUp View Post
    Would you rather play Non-league and win everything or football league. (One or Two) and win nothing?
    Their is the question!
    Who in the right f00king mind would wanna stay in non league football.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I think I agree with you Jackal, to some extent. I have enjoyed the novelty of playing in non league and it has widened my respect and indeed my horizons with regard to football outside the top four leagues. However, I would be lying if I didn't say I'm desperate for us to get back in the league so lets win the Trophy and the play off's this season please and then put it all behind us.
    Most definitely this. ^^^^^^
    Non League has not been the slugfest I expected but the sooner we get back to Divvy 2, the better.

Are the spelling police on strike today?

They are more inconsistent than Notts

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Same here as well. For years the thought of dropping out of the league and edging close to dropping out of the league after being in the Football League for all our history with our unique tag as the Oldest Football League Club ended up like a noose around this clubs neck. It did not help when opposing teams supporters told tales of how grim depressing, lonely and dark it was in tier 5.

However the reality has been somewhat different. We have won more games as you’d expect and I don’t think the standard of football has been that much worse than League Two. A goal we score is also celebrated and feels the same way as it did when we were in the Football League. In fact this season we have scored an abundance of goal of the season contenders.

It always intrigued me as to how teams from the National League on the whole managed to hold their own in League Two or even carry on their momentum and quickly go up to League One. Now I can see why.

It has been a bit of a novelty being in the National League as well and we have been on TV more times this season than if we were in the Football League . It would be fantastic if we could get two dates at Wembley and win both games. Yes I would prefer that to a mid table season in League Two or a relegation battle in League Two.

In a nutshell I don’t mind us being visitors to the National League but wouldn’t want us to become residents.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 29-02-2020 at 11:30 PM.

The thought of being non league for any more than a couple of seasons at the very most is disturbing.

Notts should be smashing up league 2 never mind f00kin about down here.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast