+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and football.

[QUOTE=Ram59;39492450]
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post

Thanks Mista, obviously they'll go for the matches behind closed doors option, but I thought that this idea would be better than some other plans.
    Yes definitely better than some of the options we have read about But I don't like saying it they seem to be more concerned with putting money before health It doesn't really matter what solution they come up with , there will always be some opposition to it Teams in the relegation spots will not want neutral grounds Teams chasing European places don't want it cancelling . That's just the Premiership teams Don't forget we've still got the FA cup to sort out as well Persona lot I think all football should be voided now and start again October. Obviously the will not happen money will always overtake common sense

With the German restart looking in danger, that will have an effect on the EPL decision or musings tomorrow.

Why not just say no football until 2021. Hopefully this will have blown over by then. Restart our Leagues in January (we started so we'll finish). Finish the 19/20 season and then go again from August for the 21/22 season. Scrap 20/21 completely.

With regard to the Euro competitions for 20/21, allocate the CL and EL places based on the current table. Those for 21/22 can be based on the final 19/20 table.

Doing this will avoid any COVID issues from starting too soon. Drastic, revolutionary and, quite possibly, the safest way until an antidote is found........

That seems the best I've heard yet, but I can't see a 20-21 European season happening so why worry about that.

However transfers contracts etc will prove difficult

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    With the German restart looking in danger, that will have an effect on the EPL decision or musings tomorrow.

Why not just say no football until 2021. Hopefully this will have blown over by then. Restart our Leagues in January (we started so we'll finish). Finish the 19/20 season and then go again from August for the 21/22 season. Scrap 20/21 completely.

With regard to the Euro competitions for 20/21, allocate the CL and EL places based on the current table. Those for 21/22 can be based on the final 19/20 table.

Doing this will avoid any COVID issues from starting too soon. Drastic, revolutionary and, quite possibly, the safest way until an antidote is found........
    After today’s news from both Dresden and Brighton I agree with GP...you may well have come up with the most realistic idea yet, MA.

Transfers and contracts are going to be difficult anyway, aren’t they GP? Who’ll be looking to spend millions without greater certainty about what the future holds?

but the longer the season is extended for, the bigger the problem

Now we can all go out again provided we keep 2m apart, can anybody tell me when the City Ground is reopening?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Now we can all go out again provided we keep 2m apart, can anybody tell me when the City Ground is reopening?
    Actually Maddy. I was thinking along the lines that this will suit Derbys back 4. They've played that way all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Actually Maddy. I was thinking along the lines that this will suit Derbys back 4. They've played that way all season.
    I thought 2metres apart was the width of Brice Sambas legs when Millwalls fourth goal went in

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    I thought 2metres apart was the width of Brice Sambas legs when Millwalls fourth goal went in
    Touche

****er

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    You actually raised a smile with that one Tricky, well played.

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)