+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and football.

I think maybe Rashford 1 Government 0 (HT) is a better assessment

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I think maybe Rashford 1 Government 0 (HT) is a better assessment
    Really? Seems like a complete U-turn that he’s played a significant part in to me. Why HT?

until its September, I'm in the "believe it when I see it" camp

I must admit Im rather puzzled as to how you can get free school meals when not at school thought - are the school can****s opened for particular needy group of children - or is it just some dosh handed out that the parents can spend on beer and fags?

until its September, I'm in the "believe it when I see it" camp

I must admit Im rather puzzled as to how you can get free school meals when not at school thought - are the school can****s opened for particular needy group of children - or is it just some dosh handed out that the parents can spend on beer and fags?
    Food parcels or vouchers I believe.

Around the beginning of lockdown and at Easter the school cante-en was open at my daughter’s school, but it became unviable because too many ‘vulnerable’ children - those who the ‘service’ was aimed at - failed to turn up.

Make of that what you will...and I’m sure you will.

My sister works in a Derby school. Parents complained that the meals were too simple and demanded a bigger choice. This was whilst dropping them off in a 4x4, then picking them up.

I've nothing against the voucher thing and there should be something in place for vulnerable kids to get a meal. But why school out of hours?
    Slash the £15 billion foreign aid bill and a coupon book would wash all this away.
    I wonder what the cost is, of getting staff to come in/make, prepare food/ energy bills etc against the cost of coupon allowance?

Because we all need a meal whilst watching the match on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Food parcels or vouchers I believe.

Around the beginning of lockdown and at Easter the school cante-en was open at my daughter’s school, but it became unviable because too many ‘vulnerable’ children - those who the ‘service’ was aimed at - failed to turn up.

Make of that what you will...and I’m sure you will.
    This all sounds depressingly familiar to overseas aid not getting to the people it's targeted at....

If vulnerable kids don't turn up for a free meal, just how vulnerable can they be? Or is it all a ploy for getting cash equivalents instead for the aforementioned beer n fags

Yes, the kids get a voucher of sorts. No idea what it looks like. Probably nothing like my ration book from way back when.

Everybody wants everything for nothing, are folk really that destitute,perhaps the odd few? They all seem to have smart phones, 4k TV and booze on tap! If it's free jump on the bandwagon and collect! I'm sure there are a good few folk on here who were grateful for a helping hand when times fell tough but we'd appreciate any kind of help, to be given a pair of hand me down shoes without a hole, or your older brothers trousers with patches that you had to grow into. Would any of your kids now accept hand me downs? I don't think so! I've seen many a queue at a jumble sale that's were my school uniform came from! thinking about it, I was the only Japanese general in our class!

This all sounds depressingly familiar to overseas aid not getting to the people it's targeted at....

If vulnerable kids don't turn up for a free meal, just how vulnerable can they be? Or is it all a ploy for getting cash equivalents instead for the aforementioned beer n fags
    Acknowledge the difficulty and the problem, but the bottom line is...this is about the vulnerability of children. The fact that a number of parents are part of the self perpetuating cycle of inadequacy (or worse) is a slightly different issue.
    Many, who - like you and I - have only ever known the gift of good parenting may struggle to understand how dependent poor or neglected children may be on the food provided by breakfast clubs and school dinners.
    If food is provided through non contact time on school sites there is still the problem of getting children there and the expense of opening up school catering facilities, hence the voucher/food parcel strategy.

Still applaud Marcus Rashford’s efforts and still shocked that our leaders needed this pointing out to them by a footballer.
    Love MoP’s ‘Japanese General’ image.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 17-06-2020 at 08:09 AM.

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)