+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and football.

I thought it was funny Maddy.

Whatever were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I thought it was funny Maddy.

Whatever were they thinking?
    I doubt they were thinking at all.

Apparently there were 10 positive Covid-19 tests amongst the eight Championship clubs who have most recently been tested.
    Blackburn, Hull, Cardiff, Fulham and PNE appear to be amongst the clubs concerned.
    The players, all believed to be asymptomatic, now enter 14 days of ‘quarantine’.
    This season is going to take some finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Apparently there were 10 positive Covid-19 tests amongst the eight Championship clubs who have most recently been tested.
    Blackburn, Hull, Cardiff, Fulham and PNE appear to be amongst the clubs concerned.
    The players, all believed to be asymptomatic, now enter 14 days of ‘quarantine’.
    This season is going to take some finishing.
    What would the level need to be for individual clubs to be able to get games called off?

You would hope 1....

And Blackburn are past masters!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    What would the level need to be for individual clubs to be able to get games called off?
    No idea Ram, but once they’re back training - and mixing - together I’d have thought one confirmed case would send the rest into self isolation.
    Not actually sure of the difference between ‘quarantine’ and ‘self isolation’ either. Thought quarantine, as in animals coming into the country, meant that they were kept apart from absolutely anything else for a prescribed period, whereas ‘self isolating’ seems to mean you can go where you like so long as you stay there once you get there.
    Bet if one of our lot gets it it’ll be Marriott...or his groin anyway.

Looking at the idiots crammed onto the beaches today, makes me think that we're going to see crowds turning up to football grounds, come what may.

Think you may be right, Ram. Durdle Dor looked insane and crossing the dam at Carsington Water yesterday was bonkers too.

Italy’s Serie A aiming to restart on June 20th behind closed doors.
    Seeing as they were two to three weeks ahead of us it makes you wonder about the wisdom of EFL matches starting on the same day.
    On the other hand, in Hungary they’ve already allowed fans into the stadium, although apparently crowds are normally much smaller than elsewhere, and they only attracted around 400-700 spectators.

League 2 decided yesterday on a points per game basis.
    Play offs still to go ahead but Stevenage’s fate sealed and no other matches to be played.
    So the precedent is set. Hope I’m wrong but I suspect this might be what we end up with elsewhere if there are a few positive Coronavirus tests leading to postponements.

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)