+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wembley Sunday

Wembley Sunday

Reading the Man City forums they have nothing but loathing for us and I can totally understand why, I saw the mass of Villa fans near the closed Green Sunday afternoon and they made me ashamed to be associated with the majority of them, being in good spirits and enjoying the occasion is fine but over stepping the mark as a fair few drunk and drugged up Villa idiots did on Sunday in not acceptable, bottles where thrown over people towards the police when there were local people walking past with kids in buggies thank god none of them got hit, the police tolerance is to be commended as I myself would not just stand there while some prat high on either drink or drugs abused me, property was destroyed,
    I think Man City are a wonderful side and their supporters are a good bunch and the abuse I heard aimed at them after the game was uncalled for and unnecessary, Villa should find out the names of any fan arrested and ban them from Villa park, all tickets were sold to season ticket holders and members so should be easy enough to match names to tickets, Any Man City fans who read this I apologise on behalf of the 99% of the proper Villa supporters

Yes we are getting a bad reputation especially when it comes to drunken fights between fellow fans. Maybe its the new breed who just dont care, i dont know but your right, these must be season ticket holders, so ban them!

Seen our own fighting amongst themselves decades ago at away games, some of our support behave like utter bell-ends getting wasted and anyone around them in the seats & on public transport has to endure it. I just don't see the point of spending a fortune and travel, ticket & ale, only to miss the game and the chance of good craic with opposing fans.

I must say this is not the behaviour I saw on Sunday. All very good natured with City fans mingling with Villa before the match and afterwards at the train station where there were masses of both. I even stood next to them on the train back. I even wondered at how things had changed for the good since the 70s when fans were segregated to and from the match.

That said, there was a lot of booze and as a result this sort of thing always flares. Happens in City centres every Saturday night and football is just an excuse. These idiot few should be banned for life.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)