+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just our luck

Just our luck

Get to Wembley once or twice this season and then have to play behind closed doors due to Corona Virus.

Odds on this?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Get to Wembley once or twice this season and then have to play behind closed doors due to Corona Virus.

Odds on this?
    Just my guess, but I reckon they'd hold the FA Trophy final over to next season. There'd be little point in playing it with no crowd.

The Play Off final however would have to be played behind closed doors if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post

Odds on this?
    Probably getting shorter by the day. There is a betting market on whether the Cheltenham Festival will start next Tuesday, at the moment it's 2/5 to go ahead and 5/2 to be called off, but it only needs an outbreak of new cases in the next couple of days to change the odds.

Hi Elite. The feeling here in Cheltenham is that the “Festival” will go ahead. If the racing doesn’t go ahead, then I believe that it would signal the beginning of many if not all events with any sizeable gathering being cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Hi Elite. The feeling here in Cheltenham is that the “Festival” will go ahead. If the racing doesn’t go ahead, then I believe that it would signal the beginning of many if not all events with any sizeable gathering being cancelled.
    I hope the feeling down there is right! It will be a big blow for the local economy if it is cancelled because over a quarter of a million people will attend, most of them with a few quid to spend. Hotels are always fully booked well in advance, and the bars and restaurants will be rammed. As you say, any big gathering will be at risk so I'm hoping to at least get through next week before any action is taken.