+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. Barrow 07.03.20

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    I can only go on listening to the commentaries but if we play as badly as we did v Hartlepool we will be thumped on Saturday. Show the grit that was on display away at Yeovil then we might sneak a draw. Let’s us be positive and go for

Barrow 1 Notts 1 (Wootton). 365 from Nottingham.
    I think the statement above shows us all just how low we have got.
    Thinking for a positive result for an away Fixture at Barrow and we are looking at a 1-1 draw !!!!!
    I remember the days where we could think about winning a league game away from home , not fearing a drubbing away at Barrow.
    Thanks NA
    PS if we draw tomorrow is that 2 points lost or a point gained ???

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I remember the days where we could think about winning a league game away from home , not fearing a drubbing away at Barrow.
    Thanks NA
    To be fair that was probably nearly 30 years ago.

It's a point gained, we are playing the side who are top of the table and have been for months and months now, away from home. They are the leagues best side clearly, would be very happy with a point.

Pedro it shouldn't be need saying but we aren't as good as we used to be.

I'm listening to my heart over my head and going for a 2-0 to the mighty Pies (Enzio, O'Brien). May be worth persisting with the 4-3-3 formation that ended the game at Fylde, otherwise I fear we may be overrun in the middle of the park.

Whatever the result, let's just hope we turn up this time - unlike the reverse fixture in November.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Whatever the result, let's just hope we turn up this time - unlike the reverse fixture in November.
    I'm hoping that's the motivation that will ensure we get a result.

There is not a great difference in quality between most teams in this league, any team can beat another team be it they be near the top or bottom so I think we have a good chance of getting a result just needs the players to be up for it and perhaps a decent ref.

Barrow 2
    County 2

Wootton
    Wilson

Barrow 1 - 6 Notts

I'm not going to be the one told off for being negative OK! Sorry I used caps lock saddo lol.

3-0 Barrow wouldn't be a huge shock, especially if Slocombe isn't playing as is likely. When was the last time Barrow lost at home? I read somewhere it was September!!! Impressive.

On paper it's the trickiest league fixture this season. Thankfully it's not on Telly

Staying with 3-0 unless Sam is back between the sticks.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 06-03-2020 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Removed handbag section

Barrow 2-3 Notts. Got a good feeling about tomorrow. Mind you, I had the same feeling before witnessing the Hartlepool debacle.

320 Notts fans making the long, long trip. COYP !

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast