+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interest in Williams

Robin - funnily enough, there is an article on just this subject on the Telegraph site.
    That sort of implies he is looking for a permanent place at Rovers.

Tosin wont make it at a top club like City. He is too weak. I doubt he will make it in a decent Prem side. We like him, but this a club on the fringes of the play offs in the Champ. That's a million miles away from having to mark Firminho, Mane & Salah. If he found Swansea tough, he wouldn't last 5 mins against those lads. Plus City wont take a gamble. They will go buy a ready made centre half.
    I'd actually prefer Walton. But I think he will be much higher in demand. Tosin wont.

I have huge reservations about William's. But its all irrelevant as hevis a crock. So never plays for more than a 10 game spell anyway. He will never ever hold down a first team place due to his poor injury record. He isnt even fit for tomorrow. He is too old, not good enough for CH. Isnt pushing either CH because hes always injured. Isnt as good at LB as Bell. So why keep him? Surely we want fit players who contribute? We aren't running an under 11 side. This is professional football. We could even end up in the play offs. Any of you see William's playing in the Prem? Seriously?

Well, actually, I can't see Rovers playing in the PL, to be honest!
    It's all very well saying dump Williams, but we saw how difficult it was to get a centre-half last summer.
    Tosin may well leave too, and we can't leave ourselves without experienced cover, just keeping our fingers crossed that something turns up!
    I don't think Tosin is top-notch either, but he wouldn't have to be for a team in the bottom half of the PL. The fact that he can play the ball out calmly and accurately from the back already puts him in a different category from the big hoofers you still see in some teams.

Why would someone like Burnley take a risk? They will want experience.

Its irrelevant about William's. Even if he stays. Hes injured the majority of the time. Stay by all means. Saves us looking around. How many games has William's been fit to play over the last 2? 20? 30? Bet it's no more than that. We need fit players.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Its irrelevant about William's. Even if he stays. Hes injured the majority of the time. Stay by all means. Saves us looking around. How many games has William's been fit to play over the last 2? 20? 30? Bet it's no more than that. We need fit players.
    But my point is, Champs, you can't just pluck a good centre-half off the nearest tree.
    We've struggled to sign one over four transfer-windows now.
    It might all be different this summer, but you can't leave a vacuum - especially when we have no idea what will happen with Tosin. We expected to get Reed back again, but that fell through.
    At the moment, Williams is only a week away from fitness, and he is our only real cover for two positions!
    I am reasonably optimistic that at least one of our many U-23 centre-backs will come through, but Mowbray seems doubtful about that, or - more likely - reluctant to experiment with such a crucial position.
    If we can keep Tosin and sign another experienced player in the summer, fine, but Mowbray will be particularly cautious, given the flak he took over Bauer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)