+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Barrow 07.03.20

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I've seen it on the highlights programme & it looked a red to me although I would say that some refs would have let it go,you win some you lose some but what a great result, see you Tuesday boys. COYP
    Absolute red but as you say some refs let them go, particularly when a keeper is involved.
    Great win and can’t wait for Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Watching that their penalty was stonewall and McCrory was lucky not to see a yellow card at least. Rawlinson got back just in time to be classed as a covering defender. The red card also looked clear cut, Quigley didn't get near the ball and took the keeper out with a two footed challenge. Nice goal from Roberts, he created something out of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Watching that their penalty was stonewall and McCrory was lucky not to see a yellow card at least. Rawlinson got back just in time to be classed as a covering defender. The red card also looked clear cut, Quigley didn't get near the ball and took the keeper out with a two footed challenge. Nice goal from Roberts, he created something out of nothing.
    The penalty should surely have been handball under the new rule? Not sure he knows a lot about it, but the forward knocks it into a perfect position with his arm while spinning around.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    The penalty should surely have been handball under the new rule? Not sure he knows a lot about it, but the forward knocks it into a perfect position with his arm while spinning around.
    One of those decisions for VAR to get wrong I suppose! I don't think he deliberately handled, but was his arm in an 'unnatural position'?

The rugby tackle from McCrory was a lot more obvious. Maybe I'm old school, but I would be very disappointed not to be awarded the spot kick if the roles were reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    What is normal service?
    We’ve won more games than we’ve drawn and lost so I assume you mean we will win?
    It’s pretty obvious nothing NA does will change your mind. You feel it’s solely his fault we got relegated and whilst I disagree you’re entitled to that opinion.
    What annoys me is when people state as ‘facts’ that we will never get promoted with NA as manager and we will be lucky to finish in the top 10.
    You stated I had been fooled by our 5-0 cup win and did I seriously think we would win any of our games in hand. A win on Tuesday we go 3rd.
    We’ve lost twice in the last 17 games!
    Stop trying to search for the negatives and just enjoy an exciting run in.
    NA is far from a perfect manager but he’s far from being as bad as you make out. And if you’re having to refer to goal line clearances to try and make your point, I think that proves it!
    All will be revealed.
    I wrote this for Laddo , but you try reading it and it will answer your questions I think ??
    Morning KTD
    I'm sure the realists amongst us will not be swayed by two victories.(with huge portions of luck involved)
    Barrow was a great result and one that some were not expecting , not only the sceptics !!!
    Now I'm not sure but it seems that NA has adopted a new footballing philosophy/ brain where he starts chasing the game late on instead of settling for that respect the point approach.(if only this happened last season)!!!
    we will see if this continues, if it does and it carries on successfully then we can all be happy.
    My fear is that its took him over a season to reach this conclusion , and maybe it would help if we could adopt this policy much earlier in a game .
    Anyway all will be revealed against Aldershot , if they come and get a win or draw the knockers will be out !!!!
    ooooohhhh matron !!

PS I've never stated finishing to p10 as a fact , more of an opinion based on how Ardley set his teams out to play for the point.
    as I said before , what a shame he didn't adopt this new lets win at all costs approach last season , we wouldn't be where we are if he had !
    sorry no normal service is playing for a safe draw ,
    In this league I would hope we win more than we lose or draw xxx

More importantly what a shame we didn't have the current owners for the entirety of last season, if we did I strongly suggest we would be playing Bradford and Plymouth this season not Flyde and Barrow.

Great to hear Bagan performed really well on Saturday Pedro, very early days but maybe the Cardiff academy player is after all a better option for the run in than any unknown/unnamed Notts academy full back.

Plus a clean sheet and a victory without Pierce Bird in the defence, unbelievable Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    More importantly what a shame we didn't have the current owners for the entirety of last season, if we did I strongly suggest we would be playing Bradford and Plymouth this season not Flyde and Barrow.

Great to hear Bagan performed really well on Saturday Pedro, very early days but maybe the Cardiff academy player is after all a better option for the run in than any unknown/unnamed Notts academy full back.

Plus a clean sheet and a victory without Pierce Bird in the defence, unbelievable Jeff
    evening Laddo
    whose to say that our own academy player might not have performed competently , and Bird play in a defence keeping a clean sheet ???????
    As I have said , the club needs to now think long term , not short term...
    if that means promoting our players and not youngsters from other academies then so be it...
    short term pain for long term gain ....
    by the way , this is for KTD
    this is my opinion , not a fact ....! xxx

Just love the way on here an odd loss means everything anyone has said positively is wrong, and a win has the opposite effect.

You’re all nutters.

I think the next three weeks will show us to be one of the best sides in the league. Top 3 is well within our grasp and we have everything to play for despite the continual sniping from the NA haters

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    I think the next three weeks will show us to be one of the best sides in the league. Top 3 is well within our grasp and we have everything to play for despite the continual sniping from the NA haters
    The top three is his minimum with this squad, he's not the next managerial wizard by getting this squad into top three whilst adding additions when others can't. I'd be embarrassed if I were him and didn't get us in the top three.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast