Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
The top three is his minimum with this squad, he's not the next managerial wizard by getting this squad into top three whilst adding additions when others can't. I'd be embarrassed if I were him and didn't get us in the top three.
I think it's fair to say there has been a learning curve for everyone involved at the club. I accept the slow start due to lack of proper pre season and squad, I don't accept the games we lost points in during the bad spell we had which started with the defeat at home to Barrow as NA just didn't identify the issues quick enough. That said we have had injuries and suspensions to key players to contend with and have recruited well when it has been needed. Add to that NA appears to have finally got to grips with tactics against the opposition it is starting to look a lot better.

The FA Cup defeat to Northampton marked the end of that bad run we had, since then we have played 17 matches in all competitions of which we have won 11, drawn 4 and lost 2.

That roughly equates to 65% win ratio, 24% draw and 11% lose ratio. If we carry that into the last 10 games it is worth 22 points which would see us on 79 points at the end of the season and pretty much a guaranteed top 5 finish. There was a time during that bad patch where I think many of us were preparing for a mid table finish.

I do agree with you now though CF, third place is well and truly in our own hands.