+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Booing at the end

Booing at the end

Just now confidence isn't high, what is with the boos? Fair enough having a moan online or in pubs about current form, but we've lost two league games since October and are sitting 17 pts clear

We really aren't going to help by booing a probable league winning side when they draw a game they should have won but for giving a pen away... Even taking recent form into account the lack of patience and the petulant boos at full time is embarrassing

Shankland walked off straight away, frustrated by lack of service, the result but also the boos, didn't even acknowledge the crowd, I didnt see a lack of effort (maybe a couple hiding), saw a few other players reaction to the boos too

We have an excellent support and turn out in great numbers but this reminded me of when we were in a bad way as a club, the players must be thinking wtf

So they are going through a bad patch so some fans just decide to turn against them and boo like fk at full time, poorer than any performance we have seen on the park recently, it will kill the good relationship that had been built up between the team and fans of it continues... Which in turn affect motivation, they might think what will it take for a DUFC fan base to stay on side for any length of time, the owners may end up thinking the same if they witness it, we really don't have it bad just how regardless of recent form.

Perspective needed and remember it's our team and club, support them, don't boo, get behind and encourage them over the line

I have pointed out that unless the team and manager get their fingers out the title celebrations will be muted,that would be such a shame.I would think the owner must be thinking this soccer is a funny old game,WTF has happened?.

The boos when Bingham was substituted were noticeable too but that could have been directed at Robbie for taking off a striker and bringing on a midfielder when game was 1 - 1 at the time. Not good though.

Im pretty sure I heard louds groans but not as bad as boos when Pawlett and Powers names were read out pre match. If it was, thats worse than post match..... I personaly dont do it, or if i do its more of a moany groan to myself as appose to loud at the players. I do however think that people are not wrong to boo at the end once the game is over if it would stop the verbal directing of abuse at an individual mid match. McMullan got a fair amount of aggressive shouts a few times in 2nd half when fluffing crosses from the byeline, I noticed after it he sh@ it and started trying to rush crosses from deep so it clearly affected him.

IMHO people should keep those shouts to the end, then they are free to direct displeasure collectively to the whole squad.

To be fair Robbie has guided us through some historic bad results and dressed it up as either a blip(his own making) or what we’re getting told now great against Alloa 😞,good yesterday 😖,so I can empathise with supporters who boo’d and only the manager can change things but we’ll limp on till the season ends 🧡🖤❤️

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Im pretty sure I heard louds groans but not as bad as boos when Pawlett and Powers names were read out pre match. If it was, thats worse than post match..... I personaly dont do it, or if i do its more of a moany groan to myself as appose to loud at the players. I do however think that people are not wrong to boo at the end once the game is over if it would stop the verbal directing of abuse at an individual mid match. McMullan got a fair amount of aggressive shouts a few times in 2nd half when fluffing crosses from the byeline, I noticed after it he sh@ it and started trying to rush crosses from deep so it clearly affected him.

IMHO people should keep those shouts to the end, then they are free to direct displeasure collectively to the whole squad.

Agree with that, I don't do it myself, but don't have too much of an issue with people voicing their opinion at full time as long as they back the team during the match. Remember the huge ironic cheers Erskine got on his home debut when he got subbed, that was brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    The boos when Bingham was substituted were noticeable too but that could have been directed at Robbie for taking off ia striker and bringing on a midfielder when game was 1 - 1 at the time. Not good though.

Bingham wasup front once Appere came on but tbh Bingham was hiding... Glass sub was a good sub at the time

Can't say I heard any booing then, just at full time.

Would never boo my own team but I guess you pays your money you takes your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post

When drawing a game? If we lost then yes ok

Embarrasing to boo widely at the end because we drew at home to Thistle, we have lost one home game all year season in the league and won the last one vs Inverness..

Form is not good just now but there is a wider picture and I really don't think that reaction is going to help in anyway shape or form.. I think the reaction online is ott but you are going to get that with footy fans on this day and age but acting like that at a game when we are in the position we are just doesn't seem right

It wasn't that bad a performance, or wasn't like an east fife horror show, there were some good displays on the park and some bad, they tried, had the lead, messed up to gift an equaliser and couldn't find a winner as attacking players weren't good enough on the day.. extended the lead and got closer to confirmed promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    When drawing a game? If we lost then yes ok

Embarrasing to boo widely at the end because we drew at home to Thistle, we have lost one home game all year season in the league and won the last one vs Inverness..

Form is not good just now but there is a wider picture and I really don't think that reaction is going to help in anyway shape or form.. I think the reaction online is ott but you are going to get that with footy fans on this day and age but acting like that at a game when we are in the position we are just doesn't seem right

It wasn't that bad a performance, or wasn't like an east fife horror show, there were some good displays on the park and some bad, they tried, had the lead, messed up to gift an equaliser and couldn't find a winner as attacking players weren't good enough on the day.. extended the lead and got closer to confirmed promotion.
    if your looking at the game in isolation, then yes it is OTT... if we were off the back of a decent run then it wouldn't have happened but at the moment we are struggling and the manager is not helping due to the way he is setting us up and the boos were likely an accumulation of everything and not this 1 result.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)