+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: If you think the league is won....

If you think the league is won....

As title of thread says, if you think the league is won, and there are plenty on here who think it is. Would you be happy for Robbie to play a lot of youngsters from now until the end of the season. This after reading threads saying ICT and Ayr will not win all their games in hand. Or as I suspect you only think the league is won but keep playing the faltering, stuttering team we have on the park just now.
    I am firmly in the we've won nothing yet until it is mathematically a done deal. Thoughts folks.

I don't think the league is won, same as you I'm one of these until mathematically confirmed we've won f uck all, but i would play the youngsters as the current starters are f ucking terrible just now!

The manager will never change it though

I'd have Mochrie, Appere, Glass & Robson/Sporle all in the team right now at the expense of Pawlett, McMullan, Bingham & Reynolds.

100%

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I'd have Mochrie, Appere, Glass & Robson/Sporle all in the team right now at the expense of Pawlett, McMullan, Bingham & Reynolds.

100%
    Me too, but don't think Robbie will, playing safe seems to be his way of things.

I'd love to see this line up:-
    benji
    smith watson reynolds robson
    glass harks butcher sporle
    shankland apperre

Don't think this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    benji
    shankland apperre

Far too attack minded for oor Robbie. You also have players playing in their correct positions. That'll never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    benji
    shankland apperre

I think the vast majority would like to see big changes but Robbie just has the sfa manual and no original ideas of his own so we’ll just have to accept it cause Robbie believes we’re playing either good or great and he must believe we’ve won the title how else could you explain the ****e we’ve been witnessing for months now 😖

I don't think league is won, until then only play them on merit if they are ready and good enough. Also hard to judge them if like me you don't see any youth/reserve football. Mochrie has had one decent sub appearance against Morton I think, but for me at least in the other subbie appearances he has not stood out particularly that I'd be confident of starting him. Glass I think has a stronger case, played decent in his first few starts when returning, and did ok yesterday, and can actually go forward.

I just want him to play players who are good enough and completely disregard their age...... do we think they would be better than what we currently have on the pitch? We know that Pawlett, McMullan and Bingham are offering us nothing. The youngsters when they have been given time have shown more in short periods then any of them. For me, they deserve a chance to play.. we gave a run to Apperre in the league cup and he took his chance, the others may do the same but for some reason Neilson wants to keep playing boys that are not performing and clearly not good enough for us

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post

100%
    Deffo, the league is won. Change it up a bit.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)