+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 433 fans at Barrow

433 fans at Barrow

Bit disappointing that none of the 433 has submitted their player ratings. I think it’s one of the more interesting topics on this board. As far as I know, even Scoop hasn’t done them. Anybody willing to have a go?

Eli is normally the fred starter for players ratings. When he's not busy doing 'other things', that is.

Quote Originally Posted by boland View Post
    Bit disappointing that none of the 433 has submitted their player ratings. I think it’s one of the more interesting topics on this board. As far as I know, even Scoop hasn’t done them. Anybody willing to have a go?
    Here's the link to Scoop's ratings. Thought he did OK as Stall's stand-in yesterday.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...atings-3926313

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Eli is normally the fred starter for players ratings. When he's not busy doing 'other things', that is.
    Only for home games, it's pretty rare for me to go away these days.

Okay Boland, in the spirit of positivity I'll have a go having just about given up on the site.

McDonnell 6. It was blowing a swirling gale so it was always going tough for him. He did little wrong today but doesn't inspire confidence at all. Hopefully he'll gain confidence with games.

Brindley 7. Best game for some time, solid defending and positive going forwards, not looking to always go sideways to Rawlinson or back to the keeper as in recent games.

Bagan 7. Pace to burn tore up the flank really well and never beaten by his man. Best LB at the club.

Rawlinson 8. Rock solid against a handful in Quigley. Having a great season.

Lacey 8.5. Immaculate. Totally unfussy, disguises how good he is because he doesn't really stand out.

McRory 6 First game back against top of the league team and scorer is a tough ask. Not chronic but the weakest of the back five today. Thought he could have avoided giving away the penalty.

Doyle 9. He kept us in it first half through dogged determination . Harried, tackled, chased everything down and in their faces all day. Led from the front. I'm not his biggest fan but today he wrung out everything he's got left for the team.

O'Brien 8. Got better as the game went on, range of passing, work rate, positivity. Everything you expect from him.

Crawford 8. I was in a minority of pretty much one pre season when I said he was okay. He's rangy, deceptively strong on the ball, has a very good first touch and happy to pass without needing to control the ball first, usually forwards, often incisively. He just needs more game time and I hope he's going to get it.
    He's come on since Solihull at Christmas and he did okay then. As the video bloggers say on the match thread he should be offered a new contract.

Wilson 6.5. Little service first half when we were penned in but ran himself and them into the ground.

Thomas 6.5. Same as Wilson both covered the miles for little reward but did a job making it easier for Wotton.

Subs

Wootton 8. Similar to Solihull, he came off the bench and changed the game. Maybe the defenders were tired and they were down to ten men but they couldn't handle him at all. Really strong with his back to goal, happy to make runs to stretch them and fed team mates when he had the ball.
    He's irreplaceable at the moment, my biggest worry is him getting injured before the season ends, everything is hanging on him which is testament to how fantastic he's been for us in his first full season having never played more than a handful of games
    before.

Roberts. 8.5. Again changed the game and scored a classy finish. He terrified the LB comfortably beating players at will with end product.

Ardley 9. He got his tactics spot on today, had a bit of luck with the penalty and Quigley getting himself sent off but he packed the middle, neutralized their strike force and got the best out of the wing backs, midfield and substitutes.
    He's built a strong squad and got them fighting for each other and we've every chance of having a brilliant end to the season.

Thanks optipez, that's useful for us who don't go to matches. Seems like the new signings are making a big difference which is hopeful.

Thanks for that. A few weeks ago, I couldn’t understand why we’d signed a ****age left back with almost no experience, but Bagan actually sounds like a real find - ditto Long - which reflects really well on our scouting network.

Good read optipez. Regarding Crawford, I've always thought there was a decent player in him, but he only seemed to get occasional games then was back to square one. Now that he's had a bit of a run he's starting to show his value. I think he might be an important player in the run in, he gives us a few more options. Also good to read that Wootton had a big impact. I don't think he's looked quite the same player since signing permanently, but as you say we don't have anyone else who could do his job.