+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: EPL Relegation - which three?

Question EPL Relegation - which three?

Nine games left - who is doomed?

I think it will be three out of these four:

Villa?
    Norwich?
    Bournemouth?
    West Ham United?

Interestingly, 2 away wins will push us closer to European qualification and help shove the Canaries and Hammers to the Championship.

Sinkov, what are the odds?

Villa and West Ham going down to the Championship would suit me.
    Only room for one team in claret & Blue in the EPL

Can't find any markets for Europa League or Champions League qualification BT, nearest I can find is Top 6 finish, and opinion seems to be divided on that, Billy Hill says 28/1, but PaddyPower and Betfair go 125/1. If you're convinced our recent form means we're no longer a work in progress but we're now the real deal, then there must be worse bets than a few pennies at 125/1, we're only 4 points off 6th place, I think Hills have it about right at 28/1, we're never 125/1 to do it.

Norwich have made a lot of friends but are seemingly Championship bound. Villa have spent loads of money and have made no friends at all. Some of their fans bumptious remarks on social media after their win at Turf Moor got right up my nose. Ardent royalist that I am I think it would be a good lesson in life for Princes William and George to watch the team they support going down. Sorry for Tom Heaton of course if he is relegated. A great keeper captain and leader who deserves better. Ironically injury at Turf Moor ruled him out of Villa’s relegation fight. I feel the team to join them may very well be Bournemouth who finally seem to have run right out of luck at just the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Nine games left - who is doomed?

I think it will be three out of these four:

Villa?
    Norwich?
    Bournemouth?
    West Ham United?
    Norwich look doomed, Villa have lost five on the run, Tom's out for the season and they still have to play five of the top six, they're going down with them, and Brighton will be joining them. Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham have managers who can keep them up, I'm not convinced Brighton do.

Norwich, Villa, Bournemouth.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)