+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Ben.

Our Ben.

What a star, he doesn't do things by halves that lad, when he drops a bo11ock it's always a fecking great big one.

Why did he feel the need to dive in? FFS BEN!

Even from my sofa BT I could see he wasn't going to make it. I suppose it's a bit like you have to have your five fruit and veg a day, Ben has to have his one fecking great big bo11ock per game. He's a good lad though, we'll miss him when he's gone.

was illitimed....perhaps becuase, he left Lemela unmarked - so when he saw the ball go to him, Mee tried to correct his mistake, is why he went a little overboard in his response - though looking at it (dispassionately) am not so sure it was a Pen - seems there was minimal contact, if any - Lemelon looks to drag his leg - then runs on a step, as normal, without imbalance....then plays the trip and takes a dive.

It may well not have been a pen Norder, but in this day and age he was always going to give it. Some manager once said, 'don't give the referee a decision to make', good advice because they're as likely as not to make the wrong one.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It may well not have been a pen Norder, but in this day and age he was always going to give it. Some manager once said, 'don't give the referee a decision to make', good advice because they're as likely as not to make the wrong one.
    Funny how Moss never gives us the same consideration sinkov?

We are coming down to the finer points in football,which there is no direct answer ,no black and white answer!
    ''It may well not have been a penalty? ''
    The rule says (at least those I find ):
    ''A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent....in a manner considered by the referee to be careless,..... reckless or using excessive force'': and

''If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick''.

Then I am sure if all the lads on Footymad Burnley, were referees,some would give it and others not.
    Same with that tackle on Woods in the penalty area, (....If an offence involves contact...yes very much so).

Wanted : A new rule in Football,referee's should read the Laws regarding ''Law 12, Fouls and Misconduct'', before every game !!!.....cause we were phoockin robbed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Funny how Moss never gives us the same consideration sinkov?
    I still don't believe any ref is biased against us BT, it might seem like it because we can get a whole succession of decisions going against us from the same ref, but it can happen, you can get 6/7/8 or more consecutive reds or blacks on a roulette wheel, Moss isn't biased against us, he's just a piss poor referee.

I watched it again this morning, Moss was perfectly positioned about five yards away and still didn't see it. Myopic or what?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I watched it again this morning, Moss was perfectly positioned about five yards away and still didn't see it. Myopic or what?
    Moss is like all refs BT, they only see what they want to see, and they don't particularly enjoy being involved in controversy, and there would have been plenty if he had given it. So it was just move along, nothing to see here, a few moans after the game but they don't mind that, much better than a full blown row on the field. No bias, just another piss poor referee not up to the job, no bias, just keeping his nose clean, like they do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)