+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Postponed match tonight.

Postponed match tonight.

Man City v arsenal has been postponed due to fears about the coronovirus. There is talk about ending the season now as it stands.

I think the only fair thing to do is cancel the season and start again in August. 2019/2020 season doesn't count.

And THAT would be the funniest thing ever!

30 year wait for Liverpool to win the title, gets cancelled and next year they don't win it.

Villa being totally **** and should well be relegated but instead Smith is replaced by a manager with tactics and we finish top half.

And even better, West Brom and Leeds can't be promoted

You have my vote Sam👍😁

Firstly kinda don’t get why this game was cancelled as Forest tested all there players and staff and there in contact with the same bloke !!

Secondly all joking aside if we are 2 weeks behind Italy and it’s chaos there the season really could be cancelled although it might just be decided on where you are at the present time knowing our luck 😂

Virus to peak by December according to the W.H.O so its only going to get worse. I have many Friends and Colleagues in Italy especially in the Bergamo area and they say its like a war zone in the Hospitals and like a scene from '28 weeks later' in the streets!
    I have not heard from several friends for a week now and can only hope they are ok. If it comes our way like in Italy look out, Football will be the last thing on our minds and cutting the season short is a possibility but alas, they will mot cancel the season, results will go to a panel like the pools panel. If thats the case, we are definately relegated.....sorry guys.

TD I read some accounts of Twitter from medical personnel in the Lombardy region which I believe is a modern and well equipped area, it backs up exactly what you say. Hospitals are overwhelmed and patients are dying in front of medical staff as there aren't enough ventilators - yet here in the UK it's a keep calm and carry on mentality. 59k people at Cheltenham today, and it isn't just the elderly & vulnerable presenting at the hospitals for help.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)