+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rafa......strong rumours

Rafa......strong rumours

Depending on your news feed, its either Rafa or Terry to take over a failing Dean Smith with the writing now on the wall.

Rafa yes.. Terry no

I know I sound cynical, but we've been through this time and time again where we all want someone else and then in a year, they're rubbish and it's another someone else. Just doesn't make sense to me. There's more going on clearly, we always seem to have under- performing managers and players at villa.

I know what you mean Jemdave but Rafa is a better manager.

He's on a massive wage in China and has got a huge buy out clause in his contract. I can't see him wanting to take the reins at a club which barring the cancellation of the Premier League are sure to be relegated.

Would you want something from China anyway???
    Last edited by ImTopMan; 11-03-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemdave13 View Post
    I know I sound cynical, but we've been through this time and time again where we all want someone else and then in a year, they're rubbish and it's another someone else. Just doesn't make sense to me. There's more going on clearly, we always seem to have under- performing managers and players at villa.
    I’m with you Dave. Changing manager is a tried and trusted measure that ensures failure. We are the evidence of that. They can’t all have been bad managers. This has been a huge learning curve for Dean but we know he’s an excellent Championship manager and lets face it, that’s where we are heading again.

Let him build again and learn from his mistakes. Only consistency will build success- see Sheffield United.

Sorry but im in the out brigade. I understand we dont want to go though the manager merry go round and if its a like for like replacement it pointless. Eg Deano for Terry.
    However if we can persuade Rafa to join its a no brainer. Hes better than Deano and also got Newcastle promoted.

If we stick with Deano and go down fair enough he will probably be best placed to get us back up but then the club will have to sack him as he has no premiership nouse, he will fail again. He will become another Steve Bruce.
    ITM, money talks mate and we have shed loads of it, so his China contract would not be a sticking point im sure but dont let it ruin your night ✌

I want to say stay with Dean Smith, but the defending is shocking, everyone else can see that zonal marking is not working, if he can't see it he needs to go, and so does Terry, will rafa make a difference? with ten games left its a tight call. I like Dean Smith, let's hope he pulls a rabbit out of the hat!

The hot-seat is a poisoned chalice at Villa, how many have gone on to bigger and better things? That's why we'd struggle to get Benitez.

Remember how much we liked Deano when he joined, the way he spoke after games was so refreshing after Bruce's there or thereabouts and roll wor sleeves up. It remains to be seen how good he would be with a squad that are HIS signings - Jack's return contributed massively to the 10 game streak last season and I wonder if we are 4 games into a 10 game losing streak, it's that bad.

Stick or twist? Really tough call - the one man that saved us last time was Sherwood, but obviously not a long term option. Maybe Hughton next season, I also really like Faarke - Norwich do play great football and have been very unlucky, should have bought 1 or 2 in last summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)