+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

After EPL and EFL meeting this morning all football in England suspended until 3rd April at the earliest.
    Last edited by VillaRosie; 13-03-2020 at 11:09 AM.

We were due a 3 week break anyhow. Only FA cup really affected. The fear is that the season will be cut short leaving us in Limbo!

I think this site has a virus or everyone is self isolating away from their phones as, its all gone dead!🤧

Know what you mean mate, everyone's on Twitter these days and behaviour breeds behaviour. If we're doing well then this board is quiet as, when the wheels come off it's the opposite! With the decision to suspend games I guess for most it's case of "well that's that then, may as well go and watch non-league".

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    I think this site has a virus or everyone is self isolating away from their phones as, its all gone dead!��
    Sorry Dave, I'm here. I was just stocking up the Tavern. Please see my Lock-in thread and head over to the Tavern

Westy, I hope to see you there too - no Twitter allowed in there

Thanks MW, was thinking i was in the film 28 days later!
    Loads to talk about really.

Ps for those who like to read up on the virus, check out the presentation on YT: Event201. Thats all im going to say but I bet Bongo is on it already.

Which one TD - the full version or one of the summaries?

Its heavy going, i would just go with the Summary first. Its quite disturbing!

Just watched it - wonder if these exercises are performed a lot more than we might think. Had a look at the YT comments and everyone's jumping on the conspiracy bandwagon but no devil's advocate comments being made to refute any of it.

Statement just released:-

English football will not return until April 30 "at the earliest", it has been decided at an emergency meeting between the clubs, but the 2019/20 season will be extended indefinitely.

Officials from all 20 English top-flight clubs spoke over a conference call on Thursday morning to co-ordinate a strategy for completing the fixture list in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic which has led to the suspension of almost all sport.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)