+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money

Money

I’ve got a feeling the new owners won’t do a Man City and just throw money at big names signings,
    I don’t think they will be thinking of New 100k seater Stadiums.

I think they will invest sensibly and do things right.

Getting a decent manager giving him a kitty each season
    Improving all the staff from the youth teams through to the scouts
    Get good lines of communications going between the club and fans.
    Getting proper sponsorship for the ground and growing the business as a whole.
    Supporting charity’s like the food bank.

There is a lot that can and will be done to bring back the feel good factor That won’t cost a penny.

We don’t need or expect to go at it “gung ho“ and expect to be in Europe places next season.

It will be nice to go gently getting better every year instead of deteriorating the way we have been.

I’m looking forward to enjoying a nice gentle drive, and being able to enjoy the scenery .
    Rather than a quick blast down the motorway where it all blurs in front of your eyes.
    I want to savour it all.

Agree with most of that...think we do need a bit of an exciting splurge at first just to kick things off though...

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Agree with most of that...think we do need a bit of an exciting splurge at first just to kick things off though...
    All we need is to ask the fans to rip down the SD signs that will be exiting enough

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    All we need is to ask the fans to rip down the SD signs that will be exiting enough
    😂 I'm there...

We need a Director of Football to oversee every aspect of the club that relates directly to how the team perform on the pitch.

Our training facilities, Academy, scouting system (Joelinton for £40 million?????) all need a massive overhaul by someone who knows what they're doing (remember Penfold saying our training facilities were adequate and that they'd never stopped anyone from signing for us!)

But aye, I agree...we need a couple of exciting 'statement' signings to kick it all off...and I think we'll get them.

Honestly, I still can't believe we're having conversations about this sort of thing with a straight face.

There was an episiode of First Dates where this lass had bought her date a lottery ticket as a gift. It was a fake, but the lass she gave it to didn't know and when she scratched it she'd 'won' £50 000 or something and she basically shit a brick thinking she was rich. Things went a little sour when her date told her it wasn't real.

I feel a little like that...this sheik will rock up at St James', whip his head gear off, peel off his fake beard and it'll be Joe fucking Kinnear...then his whole entourage will similarly disrobe and there's Wise, Llambias, Pardew, McClaren, Carver and Penfold all laughing like loons at us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    We need a Director of Football to oversee every aspect of the club that relates directly to how the team perform on the pitch.

Our training facilities, Academy, scouting system (Joelinton for £40 million?????) all need a massive overhaul by someone who knows what they're doing (remember Penfold saying our training facilities were adequate and that they'd never stopped anyone from signing for us!)

But aye, I agree...we need a couple of exciting 'statement' signings to kick it all off...and I think we'll get them.

Honestly, I still can't believe we're having conversations about this sort of thing with a straight face.

There was an episiode of First Dates where this lass had bought her date a lottery ticket as a gift. It was a fake, but the lass she gave it to didn't know and when she scratched it she'd 'won' £50 000 or something and she basically shit a brick thinking she was rich. Things went a little sour when her date told her it wasn't real.

I feel a little like that...this sheik will rock up at St James', whip his head gear off, peel off his fake beard and it'll be Joe fucking Kinnear...then his whole entourage will similarly disrobe and there's Wise, Llambias, Pardew, McClaren, Carver and Penfold all laughing like loons at us.
    😂

I completely agree...what most people don't grasp (or don't want to) is that our excitement isn't down to expecting to break our transfer record every 3 minutes...it's that we might actually get a properly run, forward thinking club...

I have a fear of Ashley ****ing it up once again.

But surely things have gone too far now and we are at a point of no return.

10k left last season and he had to give tickets away
    If he pulls the plug now we will be as empty as the stadium of sh1 te

I think we just need to be patient.

As that lawyer lass pointed out, Ashley will already have spent a stack on fees which he wouldn't do if he wasn't serious.

Plus, the way the deal is structured, the fat, greedy bastard will get his 'loan' back.

As that lawyer lass pointed out, Ashley will already have spent a stack on fees which he wouldn't do if he wasn't serious.

Plus, the way the deal is structured, the fat, greedy bastard will get his 'loan' back.
    Has Myleene got a rival?

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Has Myleene got a rival?
    ....more of....um....a companion, in my mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)