+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T panic buying

Just done my weekly shop at asda Usual stuff not available eggs, bog rolls, pasta, no rice except the minute microwave stuff. 3 whole chickens left. Not a wing, breast or leg to be seen. Limited bread, cooked meats plus beer. Hardly any beer/larger available unless you drink Stella, Budweiser or boddingtons.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Just got nine bottles of cat milk from Tesco.
    No restrictions at the till so she,ll be well happy when she wakes up.
    How the feck do they milk cats? Is it nice on your paw-ridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    How the feck do they milk cats? Is it nice on your paw-ridge?

From what I’ve seen I’m assuming some are bulk buying to actually sell on and make a profit, I’ve no time for scum like that.

Just seen a post on fb from a South Yorkshire news page that A spar in Sheffield is splitting packaging and selling toilet rolls for a quid each, now I’m sure that’s wrong (you can’t split them up) but what’s more disturbing is that they have just put them one the self all unwrapped, hygiene not one of their priorities them?

Obviously if it’s true then it’ll be reported I’m sure

Went to Barnsley, plenty bread on offer in the market, one little shop had a load of toilet rolls outside for sale.
    Went in Wetherspoon's Silkstone pub, we were told that no more beer was going to be ordered, so looks like when all the stock has gone, they may be shutting the pub for a bit.

Nice woman in drifield , behind an old fella with sandwich spread etc.in shop
    Gave her bread to him cos none left.
    He was going to give her a hug.but said best not.
    Should be more like that.
    Daughter went for nappies for grandson today.
    None left.
    Greedy fkn w4nkers.

It just shows that when it really comes to it, many humans are still just a set of greedy feral animals. Not a single thought spared for anyone but themselves. And then there are those who arrive too late for the feast, greeted with empty shelves, bitching and complaining angrily to the checkout staff like its their fault, annoyed because they were also there to fill their trolleys with as much crap as they could fit in them but missed the party.
    I hope these ****s use their self isolation time to reflect on how ****ing ridiculous they are.

There’s videos of Tesco Asda and other supermarket goods in small shops being sold for 5 times the price

How can you tell where they are from because they are supermarkets own brand

This is a very serious and relevant subject, and Ive been moaning about it to people who I know for the past few weeks actually.
    At times like these, it angers me when people 'stock up' for 3 or 4 weeks (or blatant panic buying as we know it). And then what happens eh, when the resources in the shops and supermarkets run low or even run out ?.

The Asda's here in Normy & Cas/Glassy (West Yorkshire) are now ideed running low on basics like bog roll, and milk, and tins of soup and beans, and bottled water etc. And that doesnt even begin to describe the hand sanitiser and hand wash and hand towels sections, they disappeared about 3-4 weeks ago because of greedy people stocking up while they still could.

If this carries on, how long before we hear things like its 'dog eat dog now!' or its 'the law of the jungle now! or its 'everyone for themselves now!' etc!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    This is a very serious and relevant subject, and Ive been moaning about it to people who I know for the past few weeks actually.
    At times like these, it angers me when people 'stock up' for 3 or 4 weeks (or blatant panic buying as we know it). And then what happens eh, when the resources in the shops and supermarkets run low or even run out ?.

The Asda's here in Normy & Cas/Glassy (West Yorkshire) are now ideed running low on basics like bog roll, and milk, and tins of soup and beans, and bottled water etc. And that doesnt even begin to describe the hand sanitiser and hand wash and hand towels sections, they disappeared about 3-4 weeks ago because of greedy people stocking up while they still could.

If this carries on, how long before we hear things like its 'dog eat dog now!' or its 'the law of the jungle now! or its 'everyone for themselves now!' etc!.
    Actually I’m more worried about people breaking into people’s houses for food because they can’t find any in supermarkets

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast