+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All EFL games suspended until 3rd April at earliest

All EFL games suspended until 3rd April at earliest

Announced this morning.

Am sure it wo Dog that set off all this Coronavirus stuff in China so we wunt get relegated.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 13-03-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Nicola Sturgeon has banned event with over 500 people so Scottish football goes ahead as normal.

The peak of the outbreak is not until another 8 to 10 weeks so the carnt really start ageean early April.

A carnt see 'em laikin ageean until late May/ early June.

Extend season to end of July. Start next season mid September with no League Cup or EFL Cup. Postpone Euros to 2021. Sooarted.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 13-03-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The peak of the outbreak is not until another 8 to 10 weeks so the carnt really start ageean early April.

A carnt see 'em laikin ageean until late May/ early June.

Extend season to end of July. Start next season mid September with no League Cup or EFL Cup. Postpone Euros to 2021. Sooarted.
    We'll be one of the clubs no doubt stalling.

Following The FA and EFL’s decision to postpone the professional game until 3 April at the earliest, I wanted to take the opportunity to address supporters.

Regarding football fixtures and the fulfilment of our games, we remain in constant dialogue with the relevant governing bodies. I understand that this has been a difficult decision to make, however, the health and wellbeing of supporters, staff and players is paramount in tackling this outbreak.

As a Club, we have been pro-active since first being made aware of the hazards coupled with Coronavirus. Both players and staff have been given professional advice and we will continue to follow Government protocol.

We are yet to understand the future of the suspended games. At the time of writing, the first team will return to Sky Bet Championship action against Stoke City on 4 April. However, I must stress that with the fluid nature of this pandemic and potential developments with stakeholders, this could change.

In alignment with EFL guidance, we are applying this footballing ban to all activities at Oakwell, meaning that both our Academy and Reds in the Community programmes will be affected until 3 April.

Due to the current circumstances, we kindly ask supporters to refrain from attempting to access Oakwell and the Academy to help prevent any potential spreading. In addition, professional footballers will not be on site for the next week, allowing for a club-wide anti-bacterial clean to take place.

One query many supporters may have is in relation to ticket (and official coach) refunds for fixtures that are now suspended. Those who purchased single match tickets (home or away) for the affected fixtures will be granted full refunds, from the Reds Superstore. However, until scheduled home games are officially cancelled (opposed to suspended), seasonal members will not be not be eligible for refunds.

If supporters have any questions or issues, the Reds Superstore and Main Reception will remain open and functional, until further notice.

Barnsley FC will continue to liaise with relevant authorities and will update supporters with further developments.

Thank you for your understanding on this matter.

Dane Murphy
    Barnsley FC Chief Executive

I wouldn't be surprised if some of our players suddenly contract the virus.

An opportunity to clean the pigeon sh1t off the seats. Get Dane and Melissa to work on the East Stand Upper wi sum Jeyes Fluid and wearing sum Marigolds.

Sumdi on BBS ez sed iz seen Struber at Manchester Airport no doubt legging it back to Austria.

I hope he dunt bring another Ritzmaier back wi 'im.

He cud be back ooam ski-ing in Austria forra fair bit.

FC Halifax at ooam to Ebbsfleet tomorra neet at 5-20 pm on BT Spooart still on.

Am not gooin cos amma vunerable ovva 70 year old burral watch it on tele. Biggest game in the nation on tele tomorra.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if some of our players suddenly contract the virus.
    Me neither as a lot of them are living in that scum 'ole Leeds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast