+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid 19 all off

I have the solution and avoid cancelling the season and that is clubs due to play each other screen their players for the virus including the officials and management and then play BEHIND closed doors...They would need to do that just before games though as it only takes a day or two to get the result of the test however the problem is that the official guidance is that when someone has tested positive then the ones closest ie the players would be expected to go into quarantine for two weeks and so what a mess that would create with games being cancelled at the last minute and so maybe that idea is not so great after all?

With the grim news coming out daily now about those getting this virus and sadly those dying, then football is the last thing that should be considered and so maybe the only alternative is to either let all the league positions stand as they are OR cancel the season's results all together? I suspect the former would get the most support and votes from the authorities if not some fans in play off and relegation positions. But think even they would see no alternative.

For once I agree with Mike - people’s lives are more important than any number of football matches. If matches are to be played behind closed doors, which seems inevitable, then there would be no reason for that to have to happen at stadia, training grounds like Reaseheath would do just as well and be a whole lot cheaper to stage. No need to have play offs, just promote the team in 4th place - just make that known before we start up again..... whenever that may be.

I can’t see ‘proper’ matches at Gresty Road until the autumn, possibly without the Carabao and EFL trophies and no FA Cup replays to free up Tuesdays for more midweek fixtures next season. It could also be an opportunity to realign the next couple of seasons to accommodate the ludicrous winter World Cip in Qatar!

The most important thing, though, is the health of our fans - and Board! - and employees, family and friends. There’s every chance we as Alex fans may be disappointed, but stay safe and well, everyone.

Can't see matches being played behind closed doors or at training ground either. If the infection rate/incidence is as high as they suspect, a lot of players will be unavailabl, not to mention officials.

Seems like, apart from people viewing, this board is in lockdown

Lovely weather, today!😉

No more pub though !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12