+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 102 of 254 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2534

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Some might have found it difficult to have gotten into the team in the first place.
    True enough, Deek has always had his favourites.

Fair play to Hayes for doing the interview. However - he says they didn't realise they were doing anything wrong by going out to the pub in a group. That suggests one of two things...

1) they genuinely didn't think there was anything wrong with it - in which case the messaging has not been clear enough from the SPFL and the Club.
    2) they did know the rules and are just lying to make it seem less bad (in which case the club must have agreed that they could use this line...)

It still seems unclear as to what the actual rules are for footballers - are they operating under the same rules as everyone else, or are there additional restrictions on them because they have been given special dispensation to train and play? I haven't heard anyone give a straight answer on that. Obviously there's extra scrutiny given the fact they are in the public eye more than a bunch of blokes from a building site etc, but I don't know a single person who has stuck 100% to all of the rules throughout the lockdown. Some of the NHS folk i know have been lapping up the applause on Thursday nights whilst flaunting the rules whenever it suits them. Footballers are an easy target. Don't get me wrong I'm annoyed at their stupidity, but I'm sure there's been plenty groups of doctors, nurses, pharamacists, carers, office workers, teachers and whoever else going out for meals and to pubs too.

Doesn’t look good on the management team. Another nail...

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Fair play to Hayes for doing the interview. However - he says they didn't realise they were doing anything wrong by going out to the pub in a group.
    Yes nice one Johnny for being interviewed by the clubs own reporter on their own channel. The interviewer reminds me of a young Paxman with his probing questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Yes nice one Johnny for being interviewed by the clubs own reporter on their own channel. The interviewer reminds me of a young Paxman with his probing questions.

The best thing the players can do to make it up to the fans is put in better performances than they did against the Huns.

It’s all very well putting out statements and interviews apologising for what they did but it’s pointless if they continue to put woeful performances in when they are allowed to play again.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The best thing the players can do to make it up to the fans is put in better performances than they did against the Huns.

It’s all very well putting out statements and interviews apologising for what they did but it’s pointless if they continue to put woeful performances in when they are allowed to play again.
    If they aren't injured.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

Thats a manager problem.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Thats a manager problem.
    Well yeah it’s obviously down to McInnes and his coaching team as well but I doubt they are telling the players to go out and not be able to string two passes together or struggle to put a decent cross into the box.

If the players are as sorry as they are making out to be then they will put a lot more effort in than they did last Saturday,whether or not they have an idiot in charge of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Fair play to Hayes for doing the interview. However - he says they didn't realise they were doing anything wrong by going out to the pub in a group. That suggests one of two things...

1) they genuinely didn't think there was anything wrong with it - in which case the messaging has not been clear enough from the SPFL and the Club.
    I can quite easily believe this.
    At the start of lockdown I know of numerous NHS workers having parties quoting they thought it was alright as the worked together.
    This includes newly graduated doctors (aka smart people) having a party where they shared beer funnels.
    So if actual intelligent people are making mistakes then footballers have no chancellor
    Last edited by AiberdonianAce; 08-08-2020 at 08:43 PM.

Page 102 of 254 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast