+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 109 of 254 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2534

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Only England and Spain have a higher death rate than Scotland so we've really only done better than 2 countries.

And it's a communist pandemic simce it started in China.
    Fµck the pandas!

Give Donald Trump his due.

Despite being president of the United States, he still finds time to post on here.

China virus 😀

Only England and Spain have a higher death rate than Scotland so we've really only done better than 2 countries.

Very much this. Some people think Sturgeon has been good through this crisis. She has had a ‘mare, but the Scottish press have let her off lightly.

3rd worst death rate in Europe. With our population per space ratio, that is criminal.

Name:  1008-MWBZ-faq-q1.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  72.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Better than some and worse than others. There is little doubt that we closed down too late resulting in more deaths than many other countries and that we really messed up with the number of deaths in care homes as a result of sending people home from hospitals without testing them. Having said that, we have done a far better job in reducing the level of infections and deaths than most countries subsequent to those two huge early mistakes until the recent f'ckwittery in Aberdeen
    Aye, that's fair comment.

Full disclosure, I was just saying stuff to see what clichéd, ill-informed, reactionary bile I could extract from the resident attention seeker.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Very much this. Some people think Sturgeon has been good through this crisis. She has had a ‘mare, but the Scottish press have let her off lightly.

3rd worst death rate in Europe. With our population per space ratio, that is criminal.
    Leaving aside the "politics of personality" (an Americanism now pretty much wholly embedded here) I'd be curious to see this "third worst in Europe" stats.
    The figures I've seen differ, but hey ho.

And the "population to space" ratio is a bit disingenuous also (bearing in mind the socialogical demographic of the country overall).

The government could have handled things a load better, certainly, but when you look at the cluster-fu ck some other nations have made of this .. ............

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    "Political chancer" is a wholly tautological phrase these days, sadly.

I would say that Scotland has coped with the capitalist pandemic better than many countries.
    Third worst record for excess deaths in Europe Sneckie min - only behind England and Belgium I think it was last time I looked.

I’d say that’s a pretty feckin badly handled capitalist pandemic myself.

Krankie talks a very, very good game though and that lets her get awa wi murder on a multitude of subjects - Covid being just one example.

It has been tough for all the politicians- especially early on - so I dinna want to be too hard on her on the virus one - but you just can’t say it’s been well handled when you look at Scotland’s death stats by population.

The lack of any sort of decent semblance of an opposition to the SNP at Holyrood means she gets a free pass on loads of stuff she shouldn’t.

Good government comes from good opposition - something sadly lacking up here...

EDIT: just read all the other posts so sorry for rehashing the same point 😂
    Last edited by The_Moog; 12-08-2020 at 06:19 PM.

The Scottish political journalists like succulent lamb just as much as the football ones.

SFA started disciplinary proceedings against the 8 players and SPFL against the club. No word on what the penalties might be. You might imagine a 3 game ban so that they miss the number of games they would have if we had played through the quarantine period plus a fine for the club

https://spfl.co.uk/news/coronavirus-...14-august-2020

Just tell them to f’uck off

Page 109 of 254 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast