+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 117 of 254 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2534

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Just a wee reminder that it’s a fairly new phenomenon & it’s killed hundreds of thousands around the globe. The Scottish government seem to be reacting to it, sometimes poorly, as they go. Their decisions are made on clinical advice though, all of which probably isn’t available to folk posting on AberdeenMad.

I think a perceived Weegie bias, is fairly far down the list of things that should be concerning people at the moment.
    If the decision is based on clinical advice why is it that Glasgow = housing issue so housing lockdown. Aberdeen = pub issue so pubs lockdown. Yet Aberdeen is further locked down for housing and travel. Why wasn't the same additional lockdowns applied to Glasgow? One rule for Glasgow but different rules for elsewhere? Where have we seen that before?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Flu is currently killing about 10 times more people than the Chinese virus, but nobody seems bothered about that.
    It’s the confidence that you trot out this pish that is really impressive.

The ban on visiting other people's dwellings will have an economic impact in Strathclyde given the reliance that a considerable number of its residents have on housebreaking and burglary for employment.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    If the decision is based on clinical advice why is it that Glasgow = housing issue so housing lockdown. Aberdeen = pub issue so pubs lockdown. Yet Aberdeen is further locked down for housing and travel. Why wasn't the same additional lockdowns applied to Glasgow? One rule for Glasgow but different rules for elsewhere? Where have we seen that before?
    Because governments (aye, all governments, not just and SNPbad rant here) are comprised of swickin' arseholes who make it up as they go along based on political expedience?

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Almost as if the circumstances involving the two different cities were different

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    The ban on visiting other people's dwellings will have an economic impact in Strathclyde given the reliance that a considerable number of its residents have on housebreaking and burglary for employment.
    That accounts for the employment of the average weegie's da, but I wouldn't minimise the effect that ban will also have on the role of their ma as documented in the popular and factually accurate terrace based song.

Yet no five mile travel ban as we had to bear? The prof mannie has just said that different families cannot "staycation" (FFS, who ever says that?) together in a third dwelling as this would be an opportunity for cross-infection. No travel ban as a preventive measure though. Muddled thinking means that the possible perception of inequality of treatment isn't lessened.

Quote Originally Posted by don_in View Post
    That accounts for the employment of the average weegie's da, but I wouldn't minimise the effect that ban will also have on the role of their ma as documented in the popular and factually accurate terrace based song.
    One hopes that said ma would declare her mattress-based earnings as well as the proceeds from knocking out jellies at the local primary school gates.

There's a big hoor of a PSBR hole to fill after all.

Just a wee reminder that it’s a fairly new phenomenon & it’s killed hundreds of thousands around the globe. The Scottish government seem to be reacting to it, sometimes poorly, as they go. Their decisions are made on clinical advice though, all of which probably isn’t available to folk posting on AberdeenMad.

I think a perceived Weegie bias, is fairly far down the list of things that should be concerning people at the moment.
    What concerns me, and how I prioritise my concerns, is no business of yours. In response, however, to your point, if the closure of the ENTIRE hospitality industry in Aberdeen was the consequence of the recent Covid-19 resurgence in Aberdeen and, shortly thereafter, Greater Glasgow then gets off, in not dissimilar circumstances, with its ENTIRE hospitality industry remaining open, then I have quite legitimate concerns. People’s livelihoods, businesses, jobs and futures are ultimately at stake and Aberdeen has taken a double hit of late. The “perceived Weegie bias” as you flippantly refer to is, in my view, real, extremely unfair and politically motivated.

Almost as if the circumstances involving the two different cities were different
    Can you please explain why transmitting the disease in one city (via housing issues) and transmitting the disease in another city (via pubs) is anything other than transmitting the disease. Therefore why would one city have a travel ban applied (and a housing restriction applied when that wasn't a clinically defined issue) but the other not when the issue is transmission of the disease. The issue of different cities with different problems boils down to transmission of the disease and how to stop it. One was treated differently from the other. To ask why is a very appropriate question.

Page 117 of 254 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast