+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 119 of 254 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2534

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I suppose in some cases they will be, but if Jimmy the Jemmy and Roddy the Proddy broke into a Strathclyde toiletries warehouse (an unlikely scenario, I'm sure you'll agree), wouldn't that be burglary rather than housebreaking, as the locus would not be a domestic dwelling?

Probably.
    I believe the Scots Law definition is still housebreaking.

I do agree though.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Hmmm. An interesting stat but not cut and dried I don't think. For at least 2 reasons:

1. The underlying text says, "Figures for Influenza and Pneumonia represent where either of these causes have been mentioned anywhere on the death certificate meaning they will not neccessarily be the underlying cause of death". Various things come out of that, including that these are not just flu deaths, but include pneumonia. Related to which,

2. Following the recent changes to how COVID deaths are registered, anyone dying more than 28 days after testing positive for COVID is no longer registered as a COVID death. So you might expect to see an increase in deaths recorded under related causes such as pneumonia. That possibility might be seen as borne out by the fact that flu and pneumonia deaths are up compared to the norm for the time of year.

All of which means it's very hard to tell. But there's no doubt the death rate has come down enormously since the peak. As said before, I think it will only be at the end of the year when we have the total excess deaths number that we'll be able to see the overall impact of COVID.

As you were.
    Humanity will be lucky to make it to the end of the year. I’m sure science was telling us at the start of this outbreak it was the worst virus ever seen but now stick a bit of cloth over your mouth and nose and your good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Hmmm. An interesting stat but not cut and dried I don't think. For at least 2 reasons:

1. The underlying text says, "Figures for Influenza and Pneumonia represent where either of these causes have been mentioned anywhere on the death certificate meaning they will not neccessarily be the underlying cause of death". Various things come out of that, including that these are not just flu deaths, but include pneumonia. Related to which,

2. Following the recent changes to how COVID deaths are registered, anyone dying more than 28 days after testing positive for COVID is no longer registered as a COVID death. So you might expect to see an increase in deaths recorded under related causes such as pneumonia. That possibility might be seen as borne out by the fact that flu and pneumonia deaths are up compared to the norm for the time of year.

All of which means it's very hard to tell. But there's no doubt the death rate has come down enormously since the peak. As said before, I think it will only be at the end of the year when we have the total excess deaths number that we'll be able to see the overall impact of COVID.

As you were.
    Having a vaccine for Flu is a game changer as well. Not that it matters, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Moonhowling nonsense
    Full furlough contributer, I’d imagine. The real world does exist for those who don’t get paid irrespective of whether they actually go to work. That’s real, not perceived.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    It's to stop the mongos having house parties and not observing any social distancing at all. The recent outbreaks at the schools were all linked to house parties, not to pubs. Were the outbreaks in Aberdeen not linked to pubs?
    Yes it was linked to pubs but they still shutdown cafes, restaurants, imposed a 5 mile travel restriction for people living in the city limits and banned house visits. We are now officially clear of the outbreak, I’m interested to see how well the restrictions in Glasgow work to reducing the infection rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Full furlough contributer, I’d imagine.
    I worked right through it. I’m a hero

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Except it's not is it? The guidelines are clear but the evidence behind the political decisions are not revealed. Hence we have a situation where similar issues (the disease is being transmitted) but different solutions are applied without any explanation why.
    Good point, well made! The Government Will never divulge the medical evidence that they are acting upon as they do not want this to be scrutinised. Someone tell Mason 89 that, he requires to be enlightened, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I worked right through it. I’m a hero
    Well done, I therefore hope that you get the clap too!

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Humanity will be lucky to make it to the end of the year. I’m sure science was telling us at the start of this outbreak it was the worst virus ever seen but now stick a bit of cloth over your mouth and nose and your good to go.
    The obligatory face covering is about as effective as a doze of the runs whilst wearing fish net tights and no knickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    The obligatory face covering is about as effective as a doze of the runs whilst wearing fish net tights and no knickers.

A study at Trump University concluded.

Last edited by Aldo1983; 02-09-2020 at 08:23 PM.

Page 119 of 254 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast