+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 146 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2534

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Nobody spent 6 years at Dumbarton Academy to further their education in Aberdeen.
    Understandable Mason.
    Sometimes its a challenge to attain the required grades. There will always be local college for the majority, but there is always the opportunity for the exception to break the rule and someone to gain that higher level further education.

Her mistake was completely underestimating how precious you wee princesses are up there. The spirit in which we took our lockdown, hasn’t been seen since the beaches of Dunkirk.

Now go wash your hands ffs.
    No travel ban though.

That’s yet to be explained, Cinderella. It caused a **** of a lot of inconvenience in Aberdeen, but for reasons as yet mysterious, no such restriction was applied in Strathclyde, despite the Aberdeen outbreak being traced, largely to the Hawthorn Bar and Arsoul. The outbreak in Molly Weir country was explained as being household visit-based, obviously far more difficult to trace and control. Yet no travel limit imposed. The First Minister won’t answer though. It feeds conspiracy theorists, but the tinfoil milinery industry is being kept in full production.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    No travel ban though.
    At Dunkirk?

Just 800,000 of Generalfeldmarschall Gerd von Runstedts Army Group A & Army Group B in a flanking position, tightening the noose. Still, wee Niccy shut a pub for a week

Cheers.

Travel ban/lack thereof/equality of treatment though?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Cheers.

Travel ban/lack thereof/equality of treatment though?
    Following the advice from experts who saw & interpreted the data, while making policy on the hoof, during a fairly unique & difficult set of circumstances.
    What is absolutely insane, & I’m not accusing you personally of it but it’s elsewhere on this thread, is that wee Krankie has it in for the NE because they voted No. Its barking mad & Im not entertaining it.

You don't have to entertain it.

It's lost her a heap of votes.

Following the advice from experts who saw & interpreted the data, while making policy on the hoof, during a fairly unique & difficult set of circumstances.
    What is absolutely insane, & I’m not accusing you personally of it but it’s elsewhere on this thread, is that wee Krankie has it in for the NE because they voted No. Its barking mad & Im not entertaining it.
    You continue to miss the point, either deliberately or not only you will know.

She applied much stricter restrictions on Aberdeen for public health reasons, and you know what she was absolutely RIGHT to do so, the figures coming down as quickly as they did prove she was right.

She has applied much less strict restrictions on the five west of Scotland areas for what can only be assumed to be political reasons. If she truly was only focused on public health she would have applied tougher restrictions given cases have gone up rather than down in those regions since these restrictions were imposed. They are clearly insufficient given we have not seen the same level of reduction we saw in Aberdeen, even allowing for the student impact. She was and continues to be WRONG to not impose a travel restriction. It is patently absurd to have the same restrictions apply in those five areas that continue to have very high case rates compared with pretty much anywhere North of Stirling or South of Lanarkshire

But it's okay as nothing Nicola does is political with regard to the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    You don't have to entertain it.

It's lost her a heap of votes.
    From the outside looking in, it looks like folk who would never have voted for the SNP in a million years doing most of the gurning

Its barking mad & Im not entertaining it.
    Me neither. I’m not really given to QAnon flights of paranoia.

The question remains. You sought my agreement, which I gave, that the five-mile travel ban on Aberdeen was probably a good idea in terms of public safety after the ****-wittery of entitled drinkers and grasping bar owners put all of us here at risk. Presumably the travel arrangement was put in place to prevent the spread of infection north, south and west of the city, a measure designed to protect, as far as possible, the immediate hinterland and the rest of the country.

Yet, when a less-traceable outbreak happens in the largest conurbation and significant square kilometrage of its immediate surrounding area, residents of that area are not confined to it, free, one assumes, especially if asymptomatic, to continue to travel beyond a five mile cordon, potentially spreading the lurgy througout the land. That’s my beef, NOT the fact that we were temporarily inconvenienced, even though I have no immediate family within the five mile limit visited upon us.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 30-09-2020 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Drag the roller behind the pavilion

From the outside looking in, it looks like folk who would never have voted for the SNP in a million years doing most of the gurning
    Well you might be right there, and god knows who they would vote for that they think may well be better.
    But it may well put them in the NO camp at any further referendum.
    Maybe it will just change them from not voting at all to voting NO

Weegie bias is a major reason here for not supporting independence, she's just made it worse.

Page 146 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast