+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 158 of 254 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2534

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    You’re all aware the central belt gets shut down this evening?
    Without a five mile travel restriction though, which was the precaution/punishment that affected many people far more than closing the boozers.

Quite how the infection spread is contained within the local authority areas (or health board areas which I doubt are familiar to most) showing by far the highest rates incidences of infection when there is no travel restriction as applied to Aberdeen in August is puzzling. I suppose mother knows best and that one size fits all when she so deems it.

Maybe the FM forgot that that had been applied in Aberdeen in August. She seems to be having convenient memory lapses on major issues these days.

What difference does it make? That’s just flat out nitpicking

If she, as First Minister, chooses Weetabix over Shreddies for breakfast, is that a political decision?

What difference does it make? That’s just flat out nitpicking

If she, as First Minister, chooses Weetabix over Shreddies for breakfast, is that a political decision?
    The delay in imposing restrictions and being more lenient could be a political decision that backfires as it has put more people at risk than what otherwise could have occurred.

I like NS in the main, she has been one of the better leaders in the world, however, cowing to the central belt in such an obvious political decision has been a let down

So the reason you’re raging is out of compassion for Weegies?

First Minister.... Shreddies
    Request for temporary suspension of Rules upheld.

Put your hand down, buc.

So the reason you’re raging is out of compassion for Weegies?
    Not raging, disappointed that she is putting the country at further risk by delaying decisions and being more lenient..

At least you’re coming to terms and accepting that there is a marked difference in how it has been handled
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 09-10-2020 at 09:36 AM.

I never said it wasn’t handled differently. What to do is try & make up your mind what you’re angry about, then come back when you’ve settled on something.

I never said it wasn’t handled differently. What to do is try & make up your mind what you’re angry about, then come back when you’ve settled on something.
    I’m not angry Mason, as I pointed out earlier, I’m merely disappointed that her delayed, politically based decisions, cowing to the central belt is putting more people in Scotland at risk than would have been had she been as firm as she had been with Aberdeen.

That stats are proving she has made a poor call on this matter..

Still good that you are coming to terms. Are you willing to yet accept that the basis of this decisions are not medically backed but purely political?

Absolutely not, no.

I’m with the academics on this now. Let the low risk categories live their lives and shield the vulnerable. Build up herd immunity and protect jobs at the same time. If everyone adheres to social distancing around their elder relatives surely this can work?

Page 158 of 254 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast