+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 161 of 254 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2534

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Oh well, that’s that cleared up, then...
    Restaurants 'cannot turn themselves into cafes' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54476804

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    I don't need to do that. The Leaders of Aberdeen City Council, as my representatives, have already done that. They were dismissed as ludicrous and preposterous for even asking the question.

The way it works is that the Dear Leader has a whole Civil Service behind her to prepare answers for her, even in the middle of a global pandemic. However she choses to ignore democracy and dismiss legitimate questions as a slur on her personally.
    ‘Leaders’ of ACC? Faaaaack off

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I bet our Dear Leader is fairly frustrated too, having to deal with that line of questioning from halfwits like Davidson, Rennie & Leonard.
    I would agree. The level of opposition leaders are nowhere near Nicola Sturgeon's level. The same I would say of Westminster leaders. She has often stood out as the best politician when on a stage with her opposition.

There are instances where she makes mistakes, but she readily acknowledges that she will make mistakes and it must be a really tough position to be the First Minister at this time.

My criticism (constructive of course) of he is purely that she has maybe been swayed to delay and be lenient at times.

The handling of Catherine Calderwood for example was poor. She eventually got the right result, but she would have come out better setting a strong example. A good leader defends her team to the core of course, but in this instance, there was no value in trying to hold onto her on the front line as it was never an acceptable position. She should have withdrawn her from the front line immediately only giving her the opportunity to apologize before taking a step back.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course and I'm sure that Nicola Sturgeon will be reflecting on her decisions made and the decisions she has not made or delayed. Were all human and make mistakes of course, so I don't criticise for making mistakes when no-one knows with any certainty what is the best play.
    We are entitled to question and scrutinize though all in aid of better understanding and learning.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I would agree. The level of opposition leaders are nowhere near Nicola Sturgeon's level. The same I would say of Westminster leaders. She has often stood out as the best politician when on a stage with her opposition.

There are instances where she makes mistakes, but she readily acknowledges that she will make mistakes and it must be a really tough position to be the First Minister at this time.

My criticism (constructive of course) of he is purely that she has maybe been swayed to delay and be lenient at times.

The handling of Catherine Calderwood for example was poor. She eventually got the right result, but she would have come out better setting a strong example. A good leader defends her team to the core of course, but in this instance, there was no value in trying to hold onto her on the front line as it was never an acceptable position. She should have withdrawn her from the front line immediately only giving her the opportunity to apologize before taking a step back.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course and I'm sure that Nicola Sturgeon will be reflecting on her decisions made and the decisions she has not made or delayed. Were all human and make mistakes of course, so I don't criticise for making mistakes when no-one knows with any certainty what is the best play.
    We are entitled to question and scrutinize though all in aid of better understanding and learning.
    How many splinters do you have up your @rse?

This virus is an absolute genius. As well as being able to tell the time, it can now tell the difference between cafes and restaurants and whether people are drinking alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    You should write her a letter, detailing your grievances. I’m sure it’ll be her top priority once the whole global pandemic thing’s out the road.
    That’s what she said yesterday. I am too busy dealing (AKA ****ing up) with the pandemic to have to answer (very damning questions on the underhand dealings of my husband and I) other stuff.

Look Boris and co have done a **** job as well, but to defend Sturgeon is indefensible.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Look Boris and co have done a **** job as well, but to defend Sturgeon is indefensible.
    “Better than McGhee” and all that.

.......and she was never ony good as a centre forward.

Give her a break for f’uck sake.

Anyone can pick on this or that but she’s done and is doing a marvellous job ( just ask the english)

But "we", the Scottish people (if that's your sort of thing) are "sovereign", according to herself, and have the right, nay, the DUTY to question and hold power to account. Maybe not when it's awkward, though. I haven't read the small print.

She should sack that ****ing weasely ponce Murrell for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    .......and she was never ony good as a centre forward.

Give her a break for f’uck sake.

Anyone can pick on this or that but she’s done and is doing a marvellous job ( just ask the english)
    "Pick on this or that" Picking is not what's happening. Asking questions is what's happening. Not judging , not picking, but asking for reasons for decisions she (and her cabinet) has made. She was legitimately voted in to office to make these decisions but democracy demands she justifies her decisions so we, the voters, can decide if we think her decisions were good ones or not. We should go to the polls to vote armed with the knowledge to make a choice, not simply vote on the basis of she thinks she's doing a good job. She may well be but she needs to show why she's doing what she is doing. Perfectly fair to ask and reasonable to demand answers.

Page 161 of 254 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211 ... LastLast