+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 162 of 254 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2534

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Didn’t you show recent support for the complete a’rseholes on Aberdeen Council?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    But "we", the Scottish people (if that's your sort of thing) are "sovereign", according to herself, and have the right, nay, the DUTY to question and hold power to account. Maybe not when it's awkward, though. I haven't read the small print.

She should sack that ****ing weasely ponce Murrell for starters.
    What question hasn’t she answered?
    I haven’t been keeping up.

We have the right to question politicians elected to office to act on our behalf rather than, as her fan club suggests, acquiesce to any action proposed or taken. I still want to know why this city's travel restrictions put in place with good intent, have not been imposed on the current virus hotspot to prevent infection spreading beyond that area. An idea of the reasoning behind this difference in approach, if not made clear, has already, apparently led to accusations of this being a political decision ie the government is fearful of upsetting its Central Belt voters.

Add to that the squirming going on as the Party attempts to gloss over its potential civil war, its history of refusal, delay, prevention, obstruction and use of the judiciary to prevent the release of information, despite its claim to want politics 'to be done differently', for all its posturing that governance characterised by openness and transparency would be its defining characteristic, and there's a start.

Believe it or not, I'm not one of those studiedly-cool cynics who girns "they're all the same", a gift to the right who use such apathy to get their way, and I believe that most politicians are probably caring and diligent in their desire to improve things, even where beliefs clash, but that's currently being tested severely.

Edit: and don’t get me started on the easy time Swinney’s had over the series of educational catastrophes. I thought he was a competent, safe pair of hands, but like every other Education (and the renaming of portfolios hasn’t fooled me) minister since 2007, he’s found that ***** brief beyond his capabilities or the Party’s will.

Edit 2: apparently “v i t a l” without spaces is a censor-worthy obscenity. ****’s sake, Sibo, you prudish prick.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 09-10-2020 at 10:48 PM. Reason: There’s always been Ethel

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    How many splinters do you have up your @rse?
    None.
    Are you going to **** or get off the pot?

The government advice is that weegies shouldn’t be travelling either so I can’t understand why everyone up there is nipping up about differences in travel restrictions. It’s not as if anyone is enforcing it. Back in March, my work as a hero meant I practically had the A701, the M74 & the M8 to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The government advice is that weegies shouldn’t be travelling either so I can’t understand why everyone up there is nipping up about differences in travel restrictions. It’s not as if anyone is enforcing it. Back in March, my work as a hero meant I practically had the A701, the M74 & the M8 to myself.
    Aberdeen residents were subjected to a travel restriction of 5 miles from their home addresses. Not advisory, mandatory. “Forbid” ken? You and I agreed this was a reasonable safety measure. Yet not two months later for a more serious and less-easily traceable outbreak?

“The first minister said the city’s 229,000 residents had to observe the emergency lockdown rules that forbid non-essential journeys more than five miles from home. That included not taking holidays in Scotland, the UK or overseas, she said.”

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/...virus-lockdown

I don’t see what difference it makes. Whether the SG panicked, overreacted or were using Aberdeen to set an example - it doesn’t matter. If everyone got the answers they craved, it still wouldn’t matter & it still wouldn’t change anything. If it was Dundee, Inverness or Glasgow instead of Aberdeen, the reaction would’ve been the same. The timing of it seems to be overlooked but I’m guessing (I’m not an expert) that that was probably the biggest factor. Aberdeen went first. Maybe some responsibility from ACC for the street parties not seen since 11th May ‘83 wouldn’t go amiss.

Anyway, I’m not a massive fan, I don’t vote for the FM or her party but I saw her on the tv today & she’s a shell of a human being. She’s f*cked. Regardless of anyone’s politics, it’s clear that she cares & that she’s trying her best. Anyone thinking anyone else could do better has f*cking rocks for brains. It’s not like replacing McInnes where there’s an almost endless list of better qualified candidates. It’s either her, the Traveller hating Hun lino, who’s into cow ****, that nice chap Leonard who’s despised by his own party, the wee weirdo who used to wear bow ties to Dumbarton Academy or that total clown shoe with the personality disorder Willie Rennie. Which one would do better?*

*Remember McGhee???

The stats would suggest that the measures imposed on Aberdeen were effective.

The stats also suggest that the measured imposed on the central belt have not been as effective.

Having been successful in Aberdeen, why cow politically to the central belt and put lives at risk?

220,000 Aberdeen citizens "forbidden" to travel, and virus contained, very likely as a consequence.

Current entire population (what - 1.8m as a guesstimate?) of Central Scotland, Argyll and in-scope offshore island communities "advised" not to travel, but free to do so, with a potential to add massively to the casualty list beyond those 'health board areas'?

I can see the difference it potentially can make.

On the FM, I have no doubt she's doing her best, and I appreciate her efforts. It's showing though, as far as I can ascertain, that she is almost her party's sole asset when the *chips are down. The previously-reliable Swinney's goose is cooked after his education ****-up and his refusal to resign, Hyslop, Freeman, Matheson and the Wee Free Finance Secretary, possibly delighted at the restrictions applying to the sale of the demon drink, are hopelessly out of their intellectual and political depth, showing the cronyist 'my turn to get on the gravy train' adoption of nodding dog brain-bereft local councillors like Kevin Stewart up for the shambles it is.

It's lonely up there, but I'm sure that the six-figure salary, the golden handshakes, the pension, and the post-political career consultancy and post-prandial speech circuit spoils will eventually provide a comfort. There there there and all that.

With a Party civil war to come.

What a time to be alive, if the jandies doesn't do for us.

*chips, from a chipper (or café, but not a restaurant).

Can't edit on this device, hence the additional message. Sort it the **** out, Sibo you exploitative capitalist tosser.

Page 162 of 254 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212 ... LastLast