+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 164 of 254 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2534

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

I would imagine the quick sum of 4 x £82k a year, heavily influenced the noble decision to keep working for her constituents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I would imagine the quick sum of 4 x £82k a year, heavily influenced the noble decision to keep working for her constituents.
    In mitigation, have you SEEN the price of altruism these days? And if she has, in common with many elected representatives, a retinue of office managers, researchers and case workers supporting said altruism, some of whom will coincidentally bear her surname, others on Party job creation schemes whilst they are instructed in fluent "four legs good, two legs better" before accepting nominations themselves, her departure would be likely to inflate the Jobseekers Allowance numbers in Hamilton West and Ru'glen. Nae her fault, like. ******* Westminster (Fido's ears prick up).

Voted Brexit, then voted for ‘change’ after 9 years of Tory rule by voting Tory. They’re a special kind of stupid

Voted for brexit then voted to “get brexit done”

Stupid doesn’t even begin to describe it.

Starving’s too good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Voted for brexit then voted to “get brexit done”

Stupid doesn’t even begin to describe it.

Starving’s too good for them.
    It’ll be interesting to see who gets it in the raans from the fishing licence holders who may strip the seabeds bare again in their quest for short-term pocket-lining whilst their tariff-inflated expensive fash sits losing value in fridge vans in Kent, and the UK applies to the EMF for a multi-billion loan to offset the 0.12% contribution it makes to the economy.

It’s almost as if they didn’t think things through.

With any luck it won’t even be in a lorry in kent.
    I hope the EU tells them to stuff their fish.

They’ll just go back to selling it all to the Russian factory ships and pocketing the tax free cash.

In between dispensing well-grounded philosophical arguments here, and keeping an eye on the weather in case the washing has to be retrieved, I’m reading the Pressreader-supplied Observer. Johnny Rotten reveals that he’ll be voting for Trump “I’d be as daft as a brush not to. He’s the only sensible choice now that Biden is up - he’s incapable of being the man at the helm”. His support for the campaign to leave the EU is explained thus: “the working classes have spoken, they’re not going to be dictated to by unknown continentals”.

As a resident of the US, I hope that he enjoys seeing the post-exit devastation visited most heavily on that working class and uses the line “a cheap holiday at other people’s misery” at some point.

Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated?
    Last edited by 57vintage; 11-10-2020 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Papa was a rolling stone

There is no future
    In england’s dreaming

Edit : good shout about the press reader
    I’m owe you a pint
    Last edited by donsdaft; 11-10-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Margaret Covid is not resigning. Some brass can on her.

Who was the last MP who accepted responsibility for making a c*nt of it? I honestly can’t remember
    Parliament first and then her constituents second and finally the SNP need to have the balls to make sure she doesn't have a choice in the matter. Three things need to happen

1. The Westminster Committee on Standards need to suspend her for 10 days
    2. 10% of her constituents then have six weeks to sign a petition to ask for a by-election
    3. The SNP need to pick someone else to fight the by-election. She can of course stand as an Independent but presumably would have zero chance of winning what would be a tight SNP/Labour by-election fight.

Get it done as she needs to be kicked off the gravy train

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Parliament first and then her constituents second and finally the SNP need to have the balls to make sure she doesn't have a choice in the matter. Three things need to happen

1. The Westminster Committee on Standards need to suspend her for 10 days
    2. 10% of her constituents then have six weeks to sign a petition to ask for a by-election
    3. The SNP need to pick someone else to fight the by-election. She can of course stand as an Independent but presumably would have zero chance of winning what would be a tight SNP/Labour by-election fight.

Get it done as she needs to be kicked off the gravy train
    Yep, pretty much agree with all this.

Is anyone remotely surprised she’s not resigned? Integrity in public life left the building years ago.

Self serving, two faced hypocrites stalk the corridors of power & its sickening.

To be fair to the SNP & Nicola, they’ve done pretty much everything they can to call her out & punish her. I think there is zero chance she’d ever be selected as the SNP candidate for a by election.

It’s now over to Lindsay Hoyle and parliament to suspend her for 10 days to allow the constituents to have their say. Any failure to do this would be an utter dereliction of duty.

The other thing that needs to happen is she needs to be charged by the met police for all the breaches of the law she has committed. Again, any failure to do so would be a dereliction of duty.

I am giving both parliament and the police the benefit of the doubt just now that the only reason these things have not happened already is she is self isolating and therefore out of reach.

Can’t be much longer though.

If the above does not happen, then they can throw their COVID laws and guidelines in the bin as absolutely nobody will give them the slightest element of credibility ever again.

The sad thing is, I’m not convinced either of these things will happen, such is my disdain for & lack of faith in the powers that be these days.

We’ll soon find out if we are all in this one together - or not...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 11-10-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    There is no future
    In england’s dreaming

Edit : good shout about the press reader
    I’m owe you a pint
    That’s a plan. I’ll get my people to keep an eye on the Met Office forecast, and contact your people to arrange an alfresco meet at the Grill indoor outdoor pavement café (or bar, pub, hostelry, restaurant, bothan or shebeen) once clarity is given.

Page 164 of 254 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214 ... LastLast