+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 177 of 254 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2534

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I think VAR would help out Scottish football. Love it or hate it, I have to say I reckon it would hinder Celtic and the huns especially.
    I agree with Donsdaft that this is *******s. VAR in Scotland would just give the officials another chance to make a wrong decision. Once fans are allowed back in, the refs will inevitably be swayed by 50,000 baying Huns or Tims as the VAR tells him to check the incident on the pitch side monitor. We’ll also have ****e refs influenced by ****e VAR officials. Foreign referees would be a much better way of leveling the playing (never going to happen though, especially not during Covid)

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Nearly after every match against them we moan about referee decisions etc so I would hope it helps to keep the match officiating as fair as possible. We should give it a try. I suppose we won’t but that’s another reason why Scottish football is behind the times.
    Now, if we could only get a wee bit further behind the times (say about 1970) then we should see crowds flock back to watch a game that was enjoyable and felt real.

I fully realise that my father would have said 1950 and my grandfather would have said that the fifties players were a load of pooves and that fitba in the thirties was the b'ollocks.

VAR (and the rules that go with it) is the final straw though, we already have a generation that don't want to leave their bedrooms, this just encourages it.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Now, if we could only get a wee bit further behind the times (say about 1970) then we should see crowds flock back to watch a game that was enjoyable and felt real.

I fully realise that my father would have said 1950 and my grandfather would have said that the fifties players were a load of pooves and that fitba in the thirties was the b'ollocks.

VAR (and the rules that go with it) is the final straw though, we already have a generation that don't want to leave their bedrooms, this just encourages it.
    I know what you mean about folk not leaving their bedrooms etc...it’s the lazy modern attitude though and I agree it’s poor. My point about having VAR to make sure certain decisions get more scrutiny stands though. It would definitely put the ref under more pressure to get the correct decision which can only help in the fairness of the game.
    Covid aside....folk need to want to go to the football. Football needs to be entertaining and we as a club have hardly been entertaining for a few seasons now. Hopefully with the likes of Hedges, Wright and Hayes in our starting eleven most weeks we can up the tempo and look attacking. For some reason though the Aberdeen fans in the city don’t want to go to Pittodrie enough. Once fans are allowed back in can I suggest you have a word with fellow business owners in the city and find a way to give out match tickets? Buy a pair of specs and check out the view inside Pittodrie on matchday.
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 31-10-2020 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Wright must start on Sunday

VAR's supported by the sort of cocks who don't understand the game since they have adopted it recently as a substitute for jizzing over games consoles, and support 'Barca' or 'Manewe' via the satellite channels that have ****ed up the game.

It's also forgotten that fitba is NOT solely about these minted exploitative ****ers on TV, it's enjoyed at grassroots level by millions globally, and VAR is a non-starter in those environments. **** VAR, its proponents and the pretendy 'fans' who support it.

Other than that, I have no strong feelings on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Spot on DD. Fitba today really is Shyte, Any tackle is either a red or a yellow card, the handball in the box is just a complete farce. Folk falling over at the slightest "contact" Only one forward, wingers that always come inside and never hit the by line, playing out from the back then losing it. What really grinds my gears is when there is a free kick around the half way line /your half when it's taken short , a few passes among defenders/midfield, they get pressed and it eventually goes back to the keeper who then lumps it up the park to about the half way line which is where you flocking started from FFS Just get it in the box
    VAR is making everything worse if possible Offside/handballs disallow perfectly good goals, I understood it was for a "clear and obvious error", whatever happened to that. The bottom line is we'll still have the same cheating Bitb officiating the clear and obvious errors
    Don't know if it is covid but I'm definitely ranting more these days

Brochred min, when it came to ranting, linesmen were your natural escape valve, allowing you to return to real life the caring compassionate person you really are.

When it came to linemen though.....phew.....I've seen you go purple with rage when a linesman was a micro second late in raising his flag.
    Perhaps you're better suited to watching today's type of game on the telly.

Really though, football needs to be watched live.
    When the ball is played through to your striker, most fans steal a glance over to see what the linesman is doing.
    The ball bursts the net but now you have to wait to find out if it's a goal.
    That's nae fitba, that's s'hite.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 31-10-2020 at 02:31 PM.

England back on almost full lockdown from Thursday. Time to rethink our 5 tier system?

Boris has peed his pants again. When are numpty politicians going to realise that lockdowns don't work. Expect Mrs Krankie to do the same next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Boris has peed his pants again. When are numpty politicians going to realise that lockdowns don't work. Expect Mrs Krankie to do the same next week.
    Classic Jupiter.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Classic Jupiter.
    Also some classic Jupiter on the Sean Connery thread.

Page 177 of 254 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast