+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 250 of 254 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2534

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Rightly so
    So you were out there clapping these people last year when they had no protection but want them sacked now?

Phucking @rsehole.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    So you were out there clapping these people last year when they had no protection but want them sacked now?

Phucking @rsehole.
    You would need to be a monumental w@nker to work within the NHS and refuse the vaccine on moonhowling grounds. Zero sympathy

I still find it staggering that two years in, we’ve still not moved on from Krankie hates football.

You remember all those nice people that kept your families alive & who you applauded every Thursday? We’re really doing it for their benefit. That in turn, works out well for everyone else
    She does hate football, but to be fair to her football fans have done their best to shoot themselves in the foot - remember George Square amongst other things?

If it was purely on health grounds then I am interested for you to tell me why it's okay for me next Wednesday night to take a bus into town to sit INSIDE a cinema for two hours next to a bunch of strangers whilst queueing at a food kiosk to buy something to eat and going to the toilet but I can't take a bus to town on the same evening to sit OUTSIDE for two hours next to a bunch of strangers whilst queueing at a kiosk to buy food and going to the toilet????

I didn't say her decision was wrong but if she was truly following the science on public health grounds (and to help NHS workers) she would be closing down indoor places long before outdoor places as it has been proven beyond any doubt that the risk is a significant multiple higher indoors rather than outdoors. The inconsistency proves beyond any doubt that football has been harder hit than other leisure activities for reasons other than health grounds. If you don't get that then let me know and I can try and spell it out a bit easier for you to understand

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    She does hate football, but to be fair to her football fans have done their best to shoot themselves in the foot - remember George Square amongst other things?

If it was purely on health grounds then I am interested for you to tell me why it's okay for me next Wednesday night to take a bus into town to sit INSIDE a cinema for two hours next to a bunch of strangers whilst queueing at a food kiosk to buy something to eat and going to the toilet but I can't take a bus to town on the same evening to sit OUTSIDE for two hours next to a bunch of strangers whilst queueing at a kiosk to buy food and going to the toilet????

I didn't say her decision was wrong but if she was truly following the science on public health grounds (and to help NHS workers) she would be closing down indoor places long before outdoor places as it has been proven beyond any doubt that the risk is a significant multiple higher indoors rather than outdoors. The inconsistency proves beyond any doubt that football has been harder hit than other leisure activities for reasons other than health grounds. If you don't get that then let me know and I can try and spell it out a bit easier for you to understand
    Scientist have told you that’s all you need to know.

I still find it staggering that two years in, we’ve still not moved on from Krankie hates football.

Received a three word text on the subject from donsdaft jnr. this afternoon.

“ Burn the Witch”

You better be organising a coalition with Alex Salmond’s lot if you want votes from the North East of Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post

If people actually listened they would hear the reasoning but they don't. Because they don't we are where we are.

It just so happens football matches are the largest attended events in the country way more than most indoor events. This results in more exposure on public transport and the need for a paramedic/police which puts more strain on the emergency services which are already struggling. But carry on with the agenda theory if that floats your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Received a three word text on the subject from donsdaft jnr. this afternoon.

“ Burn the Witch”

You better be organising a coalition with Alex Salmond’s lot if you want votes from the North East of Scotland.
    I’m not a member of the SNP

Why the f*ck would I want to be associated in any way with that fat creepy Jambo mess?

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    If people actually listened they would hear the reasoning but they don't. Because they don't we are where we are.

It just so happens football matches are the largest attended events in the country way more than most indoor events. This results in more exposure on public transport and the need for a paramedic/police which puts more strain on the emergency services which are already struggling. But carry on with the agenda theory if that floats your boat.
    You may have to spell that out a wee bit more to make it easier to understand.

Omicron has turned out to be a damp squib already. Total positive tests have been about 90,000 for 5 days now, so the theory that it would double every 2 days is rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Omicron has turned out to be a damp squib already. Total positive tests have been about 90,000 for 5 days now, so the theory that it would double every 2 days is rubbish.
    I'm not sure I'm ready to call it a damp squib yet. It's worth noting that we were stuck at 40,000 a day for months on end so clearly Omicron is more infectious given we are now double that. There is also a large backlog in processing tests due to the volume of tests so almost certainly the real number is higher than 90,000 a day - the test positivity at 15% is a clear indicator that there is more virus circulating than is being picked up. Is it doubling every two days - I doubt it but it is clearly doubling at a faster rate than Delta was.

The three big unknowns for me though is the number of people that will require hospitalisation, the number of those that will require help with their breathing (those are the ones that can end in people dying) and thirdly the duration of the hospital stay (the most relevant statistic regarding pressure on the NHS). It is simply too early in the UK to have the data to answer these questions. Early data from South Africa suggests less people per capita of those with infection require hospitalisations and those that do stay for shorter periods of time (last data I saw was 4 days versus 14 days with Delta). These is also some laboratory evidence that indicates the virus spreads in lung tissue very significantly less than Delta did, which is important as that is likely to indicate less oxygen/breathing issues and therefore less serious illness per capita.

Two reasons why it is too early to call it a damp squib though is that South Africa is a much younger aged population (and we know that age is a huge determinant in people dying) and secondly the rule of big numbers could still result in a lot of people being seriously ill or dying even if it is a milder disease

Page 250 of 254 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252 ... LastLast