+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 104 of 254 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2534

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Fuuck me, so Ojo doesn’t even have the virus as an excuse for that performance ����

Must be some muscle wasting disease he’s got then.

At least 2 of the 8 are crocked anyway and young Bruce was getting binned anyway after the Sevco shi’tshow - so we’re actually only down 5 players.

Bryson is pish, McGeouch never plays so it’s actually only 3 that might matter.

To be honest, looking at fit we have left, we should still be perfectly capable of putting out a team that will cuff Hamilton at home - doesn’t mean we will, but we should.

Timothy games a write off anyway no matter who we play.

Could be worse...
    What about St Johnstone away though?
    The 8 won’t be able to train until the day of the game?
    They’ll have played 1 competitive game & not trained since.
    I don’t think many would be available for that either.
    Add in 3 injuries & 1 suspension too.
    Also, there are rumours on a Leeds forum Edmondson has injured himself & is out for 8 weeks - could be rubbish though.

I think our season effectively starts properly after the St Johnstone game.
    Scrape as many points as possible until Livi at home.
    4 maybe?
    Win v Hamilton
    Horsed at Parkhead.
    Draw at McDiarmid?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Did they have their league games postponed?

You are making excuses. Not relevant ones either.
    The players didn't have their game postponed, the Scottish Government did. Yet they didn't postpone the Motherwell game. We don't know the criteria the government used for these decisions. Pre-season games were postponed due to findings of the virus. Who knows what impact the Aberdeen spike in numbers had on their decision. I seem to recall a quote from Nicola along the lines of it would be unfair to Perth to inflict the Aberdeen spike on that city despite no fans and all in the Aberdeen travelling team party would have been tested negative. Point is that in new circumstances changing all the time the powers that be are trying to take into account the circumstances and find appropriate solutions.

I'm not making excuses. I've already said that the players made a mistake and must face the consequences. Unlike you however, I've tried to understand the context of what is happening and put our players mistake into that context. It is only from there that you can formulate and justify any consequence proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    The players didn't have their game postponed, the Scottish Government did. Yet they didn't postpone the Motherwell game. We don't know the criteria the government used for these decisions. Pre-season games were postponed due to findings of the virus. Who knows what impact the Aberdeen spike in numbers had on their decision. I seem to recall a quote from Nicola along the lines of it would be unfair to Perth to inflict the Aberdeen spike on that city despite no fans and all in the Aberdeen travelling team party would have been tested negative. Point is that in new circumstances changing all the time the powers that be are trying to take into account the circumstances and find appropriate solutions.

I'm not making excuses. I've already said that the players made a mistake and must face the consequences. Unlike you however, I've tried to understand the context of what is happening and put our players mistake into that context. It is only from there that you can formulate and justify any consequence proposed.
    I'm not asking them to be taking out the back and shot. I'm just stating that it's embarrassing. What other team has been in this position? Two of our players were tested positive and 6 others were in their company that night. That's the players fault not the Scottish governments or anyone elses.

They didn't have to go out. We all know if it were another club, in particular the Huns then we'd all be calling for them to be thrown out the league.

The other clubs I thought would keep their powder dry in case they have the same issues but since no other club in Europe has then it looks even more embarrassing for us.

The other clubs are probably glad we've made a chunt of it to make sure they don't.

Shambles.

I'm still more pissed off we have more time without football.
    I'm not asking them to be taking out the back and shot. I'm just stating that it's embarrassing. What other team has been in this position? Two of our players were tested positive and 6 others were in their company that night. That's the players fault not the Scottish governments or anyone elses.

They didn't have to go out. We all know if it were another club, in particular the Huns then we'd all be calling for them to be thrown out the league.
    I totally agree that this has been an embarrassment. The players were wrong. But the suggestion that no other club has not had issues is just wrong. Plenty of clubs with positive tests. Three clubs in our country slapped over the wrist for not following protocols/ rules. We have no idea whether the other positive tests followed "nights out" or not or how the players caught the virus. The Scottish Government have not been consistent in their comments. To suggest that our club stands out on it's own for misbehaviour is a suggestion too far. We don't have the evidence to support that suggestion. Doesn't mean that the players didn't make a mistake but it was a mistake amongst others.
    Last edited by sonofrgmsdad; 09-08-2020 at 05:16 PM.

The other clubs I thought would keep their powder dry in case they have the same issues but since no other club in Europe has then it looks even more embarrassing for us.

The other clubs are probably glad we've made a chunt of it to make sure they don't.

Shambles.

I'm still more pissed off we have more time without football.

I totally agree that this has been an embarrassment. The players were wrong. But the suggestion that no other club has not had issues is just wrong. Plenty of clubs with positive tests. Three clubs in our country slapped over the wrist for not following protocols/ rules. We have no idea whether the other positive tests followed "nights out" or not or how the players caught the virus. The Scottish Government have not been consistent in their comments. To suggest that our club stands out on it's own for misbehaviour is a suggestion too far. We don't have the evidence to support that suggestion. Doesn't mean that the players didn't make a mistake but it was a mistake amongst others.
    Last edited by sonofrgmsdad; 09-08-2020 at 05:15 PM.

This happening now is probably the best thing for Scottish football.

No doubt there would have been multiple times were players would have tested positive and games would have had to be rescheduled, whether that was caught from a pub visit or not, but now everyone is going to be extra careful ensuring their players aren't as stupid as ours.

https://www.thenational.scot/sport/1...ckdown-breach/

Celtic fans still want to take the moral high ground?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...ecret-22500126

Our lads breathing a sigh of relief with this numpty away to take sturgeon wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    https://www.thenational.scot/sport/1...ckdown-breach/

Celtic fans still want to take the moral high ground?
    He’s a pish, reserve left back
    They can probably afford to say “sack him”.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    He’s a pish, reserve left back
    They can probably afford to say “sack him”.
    We’re stuck with our one!

Page 104 of 254 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast