+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 138 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2534

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

I think they possibly panicked slightly, as they knew easing the lockdown was going to be harder. Regardless, the decision was made to protect the public health of the people in the NE. That’s a good thing surely?

Normally I’d be popping in on my elderly folks on a Sunday eve but Wee angry Niccy the Aberdeen hating power hungry boot doesn’t want me to plague my parents. Seems fair enough, I’ll suck that up. These are hard times & there’s hard decisions to be made

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The question was answered though. You may not like the answer but it was certainly given. As for the other concerns raised, I’d just point out the same thing. The SG is reacting & planning to the best of its ability on the ever changing nature of this, based on the expert advice offered. If wee Jimmy Nippy disregarded that advice & it all went pear shaped, then she would get even more abuse than she already does.
    I trust she’s doing her best. I absolutely know we’re in safer hands with her than any of the other pellets in Holyrood that want a shot. If anyone genuinely believes she’s wanting to f*ck over the NE, then they’re completely bushed
    You keep sticking your head in the sand if it makes you happy.

You know the questions haven't been answered. The right or wrongs of the decisions taken are for peoples opinions. But that should be based on the facts. You refuse to accept the facts haven't been produced choosing to ignore the questions and lack of answers.

I do though object to words like ludicrious and bushed when simply asking questions which haven't been answered and have been noted by quite a few posters on here and in other forums. You are choosing to see only what you want to see.

Nicola may have been basing her decisions on what was the "right thing to do" but as a politician it is up to her to show that in her opinion (which is what we've got politicians for) she was doing just that. Despite your protestations she has consistently refused to do that instead resorting to denegrading those who ask the questions she should, for her benefit, answer.

I think they possibly panicked slightly
    I'll take that as an acceptance that differing restrictions were applied to differing areas and we haven't had a reason for that. They may have over-reacted in Aberdeen or may have under-reacted in Glasgow. Again we don't know because they wont tell us their assessment to allow us make an informed opinion on. If they think they got it right let us know why, if they think they got it wrong let us know why. If the whole country goes into another lockdown because the central belt has increasing amounts of covid (whilst our area still has much lower levels), but didn't have the the restrictions our residents and businesses had to go through, and there is still no transparency there will be significant anger.

I think they possibly panicked slightly, as they knew easing the lockdown was going to be harder. Regardless, the decision was made to protect the public health of the people in the NE. That’s a good thing surely?

Normally I’d be popping in on my elderly folks on a Sunday eve but Wee angry Niccy the Aberdeen hating power hungry boot doesn’t want me to plague my parents. Seems fair enough, I’ll suck that up. These are hard times & there’s hard decisions to be made
    Yes, I believe it was a good thing.

Extrapolating that, I therefore suspect that not introducing a travel restriction in an area of high concern, is potentially a bad thing, loaded with risk.

On the good news front, my son-in-law who showed symptoms last week (he works at the University of Glasgow and was naturally concerned) has been returned a "negatory Pigpen" test result, so he can now return to his risky role out west, selling university tat to souvenir-hungry overseas students.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 20-09-2020 at 05:55 PM. Reason: All gas and gaiters

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Mondo, we don't do it for the reward or the kudos.
    We just do it because it's right.

We, and others like us, just know.
    Yup. Some people just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    I'll take that as an acceptance that differing restrictions were applied to differing areas and we haven't had a reason for that.
    Apart from the reasons which were clearly given

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Yup. Some people just don't get it.

I need a [strikethrough]hero[/strikethrough] Chicken Chow Mein,
    I'm holding out for a [strikethrough]hero[/strikethrough] Chinese till the end of the night

Apart from the reasons which were clearly given
    but not justified

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    but not justified
    The justification is very simple

Aberdeen Yes 41% No 59%
    Glasgow Yes 53% No 47%

Are you from Dunblane by any chance?

Page 138 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast