+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

SPFL: Aberdeen 'burning £1m a month' during lockdown - Dave Cormack
    2 hours ago From the sectionAberdeen
    Share this page
    Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack
    Dave Cormack says Aberdeen back calls for an independent review into the SPFL's recent actions
    Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack has urged the SPFL to "take a deep breath" and focus on how Scottish football can ensure a safe return.

Hearts owner Ann Budge and Hamilton vice-chairman Les Gray are leading a taskforce on reorganising the SPFL.

"Clubs are burning £1m a month on this. We need to be getting back to: how do we play football safely again and survive?" Cormack told BBC Scotland.

"That should be the focus of the SPFL and leadership."

Cormack added: "The sensible thing to do would be to take a deep breath and say: 'Look, let's get a temporary change in place for this coming season.' Because, boy, we have so many other things to focus on."

Cormack said Aberdeen back calls by Rangers and Hearts for an independent investigation into the SPFL's handling of the vote to end the lower league season.

The Dons chairman added: "[SPFL chief executive] Neil Doncaster and I had a Zoom [meeting] yesterday.

"The four key aspects for us are: how can we get back to playing football safely and survive; how do we end the Premiership; what is the task force and its terms of reference; how do we draw a line in the sand on this investigation on what happened.

"We can sit and talk for hours on what happened and why it happened - but look, it's happened. We need to learn from this.

"I said to Neil: 'If I were in your position, then I would show some contrition for what has happened.' Because it clearly is a vote that was forced down our throats in many ways, and that's obvious.

"We'd be as well taking £1m out to the car park at Pittodrie and setting fire to it. Every month that this goes by, it's costing us £1m and costing other clubs different amounts.

"I said to Neil that we want to see some clear leadership from the SPFL, setting out terms of reference for us to get back playing football safely. Let's look at [playing games behind] closed doors.

"We haven't ended the Premiership yet... the task force is to expand the Premiership and it hasn't ended yet.

"It all comes back to the 48 hours we were given [before voting on the SPFL proposal to call the lower leagues] and this needed a lot more time for discussion."

Cormack says Aberdeen are in favour of an expanded 14-team Scottish Premiership for one or two seasons.

"We think that's the fair thing to do for everybody," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    But he did better than Milne would have.
    Imagine during this epidemic having Stewart Milne preaching news to us via the tv or radio.

I’m sure he’s pretty pleased that he doesn’t have to.
    Speak about getting out at the right time.

If Milne was still in charge he would have furloughed all of the staff by now apart from McInnes who he would have given another contract extension.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I’m sure he’s pretty pleased that he doesn’t have to.
    Speak about getting out at the right time.
    I would argue he didn’t get out at the right time....he was 20 odd years too late!

Name:  Screenshot_20200420-113149.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  13.3 KB

F@cking hell the gutter press shows its true colours and whats important there

To add.....

The government will bail out every pub in the UK thats had no buisiness for 8-9 months. Aye f@cking right

Pool on when the riots start. Ill say last week in may when folk dont get paid again despite the "promises"

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20200420-113149.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  13.3 KB

F@cking hell the gutter press shows its true colours and whats important there
    A blanket ban is ridiculous. Pubs with beer gardens should be allowed to open sooner.

They haven’t banned blankets have they?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    They haven’t banned blankets have they?

Page 47 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast