+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 254 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

M-m-m-my Corona…

All football, starting with our game tonight has been cancelled until further notice.

Sensible thing to do.

Just wind up the league and give us the Scottish cup.

Delighted that the corrupt football authorities have been forced to cancel the bigotfest, which they were wanting to play (and cancel football afterwards). A good result for the police (especially Ibrox police station) and the ambulance and A&E departments.

Only decision that could sensibly be made. My guess is that UEFA will cancel Euro2020 and leagues will attempt to play remaining games so that leagues can finish in June as just imagine the chaos if they can’t finish. Who would be Champions if anyone? Who would be promoted/relegated if anyone? Who plays in Europe next season? The lawyers will be getting rich on all the various court cases.

For what it’s worth I don’t think the situation will be any better by April/May so I can see the rest of the games never being played and chaos ensuing.

Shame for the Pikeys though if they have to stay down another season 😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Only decision that could sensibly be made. My guess is that UEFA will cancel Euro2020 and leagues will attempt to play remaining games so that leagues can finish in June as just imagine the chaos if they can’t finish. Who would be Champions if anyone? Who would be promoted/relegated if anyone? Who plays in Europe next season? The lawyers will be getting rich on all the various court cases.

For what it’s worth I don’t think the situation will be any better by April/May so I can see the rest of the games never being played and chaos ensuing.

Shame for the Pikeys though if they have to stay down another season 😂😂😂😂
    I've got a feeling the Euros will be cancelled til next year too, and the leagues and cups around Europe might get finished off over the summer. I suppose they could come up with some way of determining league positions by taking the teams still in the mix for 3rd place and having some sort of mini league between them, and similarly those still in the mix for relegation. So Aberdeen, Motherwell, Livingston and Hibs play each other once and that determines who qualifies for Europe, or just let Aberdeen and Motherwell play each other over two legs. I dunno, just thinking of ways things could be determined without every single remaining game being played, as that seems unlikely. I also think it's unlikely that anyone will accept that everything's decided based on where things stand right now, so there'll have to be some kind of footballing solution you'd imagine. It might actually be an interesting opportunity to experiment with summer football, which would be much better than playing through storms on churned up pitches in winter anyway.

The big worry is financially though - clubs will still have most of their outgoings, but vastly reduced incomes while games are off.

Considering they were saying yesterday that it will be another 12 weeks before the virus peaks I can’t see the football returning next month.

The seasons over,they won’t bother continuing it after 3 months off.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post

Shame for the Pikeys though if they have to stay down another season ��������
    Euro 2020 to be played in summer 2021 appears to be the plan, with domestic seasons being played thru this summer.

Then, straight into season 20/21. Bin next season's league cup if needs be, if Europa League pre qualifiers can't be played in the summer, as we won't know who has qualified for them.

Mayhem. And that's only the fitba.

As Don said above, use this as a reason for playing summer fitba full time, not just this year. 'mon the SFA, show some foresight and play a foreshortened season next season, end it next March, then straight into season 2021, ending in Nov, with a mid summer break IF we qualify for Euro 2021.

Mean players are playing straight thru from June 2020 (or whenever this pandemic ends) till Nov 2021 but so be it. Its what we have squaaaads for.
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 13-03-2020 at 01:18 PM.

I can't see it being back any time soon but I can imagine McInnes would be delighted with 4th and a semi final

We are pretty bad after coming back from the 3 week winter break so imagine how bad we will be after 3 months off

I don't know how they can just finish the league as it is. Hearts and Dundee United (as funny as it would be) would rightly argue against it. Then how do you settle the Scottish cup?

Will this season count as 9 in a row for Celtic or is this season null and void?

Would that mean next season won’t be 10 in a row but in fact only the first?

Will the helicopter ever land?

Page 1 of 254 1231151101 ... LastLast