+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 98 of 254 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

And to think one of the culprits is on the Mangement Committee of the PFA.
    Don’t think he will be there for much longer after this debacle.

Wrote my take on the shambolic last couple of days, feel free to have a read: https://www.whatastramash.com/home/2...the-disrespect

I think the wider issue is it shows an incredible level of disrespect and ignorance from the players and you've got ask questions as to how good the relationship between McInnes and some of the squad is. They aren't to blame for the CV-19 city outbreak, clearly, but they're definitely at fault for not giving a sh1t and being hugely unprofessional.

Just read that Bisconti. Good article and encaptures my feelings, thoughts and sentiments exactly and from speaking to many fellow Dons fans, theirs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I'm still more pissed off we have more time without football.
    Same here... even after the shambolic Rangers performance I was really looking forward to watching another game today as it's been so long without football. I was particularly looking forward to seeing a "new look" Aberdeen without the 8 idiots playing. I guess we'll get that on Wednesday, as long as no further positive tests are returned.

I think, as embarrassing as this is, on one level we're probably unlucky in that our players got caught out.

I refuse to believe other clubs' players haven't breached similarly since the boozers re-opened.
    Maybe I'm wrong and just a cynic, but fitba players, collectively and individually, are prone to outbreaks of intense fu-ckwittery.
    It's a perfect storm here, in normal times a disgusting performance against Sevco would have incurred additional opprobrium had the players been seen out in Soul Bar post match.

In the current times, there's really no words.

But there's also a broader, cultural mentality in play here.

I recall a number of years ago, I'd been at an Inverness game and was in the Caley Social Club after the game, they'd have been probably second or third tier at the time.

The players were in also, having a couple of beers.
    None of them were OTT or out of order, but they were all drinking.

I mentioned to one of our company that, talking sports science, immediately post match wasn't a time to be consuming alcohol as it is a diuretic and would inhibit rehydration and recovery.

He replied "Ach, you canna grudge the boys a drink after the game".

That phrase has always stuck in my mind due to the wording "...grudge the boys a drink.....".

It was almost said in a way that implied NOT to drink was a hardship or denial of a right.

Albeit that wasn't that long ago, sports science has moved on a bit and recovery training sessions the day after a match are much more common place.

But in Scottish football there does still seem to be a laissez fair attitude to making the best of your talents.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Jandy Dons.

Cheeks trying to take the moral high ground in the Herald.

fck me.
    Considering their collective inability to use soap, their hand-washing régime is likely to be flawed, although their offended hand-wringing sense of injustice is exemplary.

Clarty pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    The other clubs I thought would keep their powder dry in case they have the same issues but since no other club in Europe has then it looks even more embarrassing for us.

The other clubs are probably glad we've made a chunt of it to make sure they don't.

Shambles.

I'm still more pissed off we have more time without football.
    I do think the players have made a big mistake and need to bear the consequences. However, despite you now twice suggesting this hasn't happened to other clubs, those consequences need to be seen in the light of

1) one of our own players previously tested positive

2) wasn't there a Hibs v Ross game postponed pre-season because protocols hadn't been followed resulting in late results?

3) didn't St Mirren have 7 players tested positive with only 6 re-testing negatives confirmed

4) weren't 3 clubs given a wrist slapping from SFA/SPFL for not following protocols

5)whist Nicola was furious with the Dons players, she was ultra protective with her medical adviser which could be seen as a worse threat to the nations health

6) Todays BBC suggests that Griffiths threw a party for his girlfriend. Is that any worse?

As I said there probably should be consequences. But we need to give the club the time to do a proper investigation and think through the consequences. The SFA/SPFL need to think through their reactions up to this point and the Scottish Government need to get off their high horse and think about this incident in light of their own actions.

And now a Motherwell player has had a positive test, followed by a negative test. Where did he pick it up or not as the case may be as we seem not to be able to trust the tests.

This is the context we are in not a simple it's all Aberdeen's fault. Of course we must take the consequences for our players actions but within the overall context NOT completely out of context.

I would think players from other spl teams have been out in the last few weeks but just never got caught.

There was a few guffball league players who broke the rules too.

A Wolves player went to a house party when their season had started and the boy Walker at Man City had 2 hookers over to his house

That’s taking nothing away from our players being so stupid but they have probably been unlucky as well in the fact 2 of them have tested positive after going out.

Lewis Ferguson wasn't one of the 8 players 100%

Page 98 of 254 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast