+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 103 of 254 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2534

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Fair play to Hayes for doing the interview. However - he says they didn't realise they were doing anything wrong by going out to the pub in a group. That suggests one of two things...

1) they genuinely didn't think there was anything wrong with it - in which case the messaging has not been clear enough from the SPFL and the Club.
    2) they did know the rules and are just lying to make it seem less bad (in which case the club must have agreed that they could use this line...)

It still seems unclear as to what the actual rules are for footballers - are they operating under the same rules as everyone else, or are there additional restrictions on them because they have been given special dispensation to train and play? I haven't heard anyone give a straight answer on that. Obviously there's extra scrutiny given the fact they are in the public eye more than a bunch of blokes from a building site etc, but I don't know a single person who has stuck 100% to all of the rules throughout the lockdown. Some of the NHS folk i know have been lapping up the applause on Thursday nights whilst flaunting the rules whenever it suits them. Footballers are an easy target. Don't get me wrong I'm annoyed at their stupidity, but I'm sure there's been plenty groups of doctors, nurses, pharamacists, carers, office workers, teachers and whoever else going out for meals and to pubs too.
    I had a quick look at the stuff on the SFA website. As far as I can see there are VERY detailed rules on what they can and can't do immediately leading up to training or playing a match, on site at the ground/training facility and immediately afterwards whilst still "on site". However there is very little about any rules outside of this, whilst on their own time so I presume they are meant to follow the same rules as the rest of us. McInnes spoke about using common sense, which further suggests there are no specific "sporting bubble" rules when they are on their own time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    1) false positive way prior to the season starting back.
    2), 3) and 4) before the season started. Mistakes happen.
    5) she got the sack.
    6) Leigh Griffiths' alleged behaviour is no yardstick for anyone to measure.

If this happened to the Huns do you think you or anyone else on here would be so liberal minded about it?

We've been in and out of lockdown for months and we've had other leagues to learn from.
    1, 2, 3, & 4) don't see what pre season has to do with it. Not relevant. It is about behaviours meant to reduce the spread of the virus. Pre or in season makes no difference. This happened to be a mistake in season, still that, a mistake.
    5) she didn't get sacked, she resigned days after the event.
    6) Griffiths behaviour highlighted only to show most clubs seem to be affected by mistakes.

I shall never ever be liberal minded about anything the cheating huns do. I will though note that they were one of the clubs slapped on the wrist for doing what they usually do and ignore the rules/ protocols in place.

Bottom line is Aberdeen players shouldn't frequent the bars and clubs of Aberdeen on a Saturday after any pitfull home preformance
    You certainly don't do after a home loss to the Huns
    I am surprised nobody went up and ****ed them
    They have no idea how much their behavior infuriates us
    Great when you win go out and take the applause
    Lose stay away from the city centre
    Players just don't get it
    Let us all down and this will not be forgotten

Can’t remember if it was a hun game but I remember being in town when I was 18 and John Inglis and Billy Dodds were in a bar after we got beat.

Long time ago but from what I recall Inglis tried to act the hard man because of the abuse they were getting and they both left sharpish when they realised how many folk in the bar were ready to kick the fvck out of them.

Changed days I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    1, 2, 3, & 4) don't see what pre season has to do with it. Not relevant. It is about behaviours meant to reduce the spread of the virus. Pre or in season makes no difference. This happened to be a mistake in season, still that, a mistake.
    5) she didn't get sacked, she resigned days after the event.
    6) Griffiths behaviour highlighted only to show most clubs seem to be affected by mistakes.

I shall never ever be liberal minded about anything the cheating huns do. I will though note that they were one of the clubs slapped on the wrist for doing what they usually do and ignore the rules/ protocols in place.
    Did they have their league games postponed?

You are making excuses. Not relevant ones either.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    I see Jonny, Michael, Scott, Matty, Sam, Dylan, Craig and Bruce have tweeted an apology.
    Fuuck me, so Ojo doesn’t even have the virus as an excuse for that performance 😳😂

Must be some muscle wasting disease he’s got then.

At least 2 of the 8 are crocked anyway and young Bruce was getting binned anyway after the Sevco shi’tshow - so we’re actually only down 5 players.

Bryson is pish, McGeouch never plays so it’s actually only 3 that might matter.

To be honest, looking at fit we have left, we should still be perfectly capable of putting out a team that will cuff Hamilton at home - doesn’t mean we will, but we should.

Timothy games a write off anyway no matter who we play.

Could be worse...

The question remaining for me is .... why would any cυnt decide going tae fυckin (arsε)SOUL is an idea worthy o' pursuit?

The place is about 2 minutes walk fae my hoose .... but .... given the choice between free booze every visit, and banned for life for nae reason .... Ah would choose the latter!

Onywye .... tae lighten the mood .... my Iron Broo ceilidh band buddy sent me the followin .... dinna ken if he wrote it or nae, but Ah'm grateful for the chuckle ... maist welcome considerin that the recent outbreak is a kick in the teeth for us self employed musos - fa will be among the last tae get back tae work ( but not as you know it Jim ) ....

A parody on our anthem ....

Stand back - and bide awa fae me.
    We're the contagious Aberdeen
    So bide in yer hoose, until yer Covid free,
    Cos we're the contagious Aberdeen ... Staaaaaand .....

A simpler 'terracing friendly' chant might be ....

Awaaaay ... Away away away
    Stay awaaaay
    Awaaaaay ...
    Stay away.

.... Or in particularly manky 'company'

Don't stand so ... don't stand so ....

Perhaps if bars an restaurants had been more vigilant and aware of the groupings rule they would not have been taking bookings of more than 4 people. I walked by the Soul bar several times and I am quite sure the tables there had groups of more than 4 there and I bet they were not all from the same household in most of the cases. We had a table booked for 6 last Saturday for the game and were never questioned about the rules on groups.

Page 103 of 254 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast