+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/t:- ncm

O/t:- ncm

Well, it doesn't look like we will have much football to talk about in the coming months and I would much prefer not to hear people playing the blame game politics wise in these dangerous times. Anyway, we could try and keep our spirits up starting up some pretty pointless threads like what we like for breekie or ..............
    Stay safe my fellow Notts County fans.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-03-2020 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Vain attempt to fix title and prefix

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Well, it doesn't look like we will have much football to talk about in the coming months and I would much prefer not to hear people playing the blame game politics wise in these dangerous times. Anyway, we could try and keep our spirits up starting up some pretty pointless threads like what we like for breekie or ..............
    Stay safe my fellow Notts County fans.
    .......... I propose a gardening thread, not least because me and tarquin could become mates. I sowed some giant onion seeds on January 1st (apparently it's tradition) and 21 of the 25 germinated. I don't know what I did wrong, but only 7 have survived to form a second leaf, and they are on regular watch. I've got another two varieties as back up that are going well, albeit a couple of months behind the big boys. One of my remaining ambitions in life is to grow a 3lb onion, because for me the journey from a seed the size of a grain of sugar to a huge onion is fascinating to follow. I have managed 2lb 12oz specimens on a couple of occasions, but the yearned for prize one still eludes me.

ps if this doesn't meet the "pretty pointless threads" criteria you asked for, I don't know what does.

We could do a FFB thread without the effin football

I seem to remember one about the colour of your toaster when Charlie was in charge.
    Actually during an away game.....

We can't even do a 'what to read on holiday ' thread

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    .......... I propose a gardening thread, not least because me and tarquin could become mates. I sowed some giant onion seeds on January 1st (apparently it's tradition) and 21 of the 25 germinated. I don't know what I did wrong, but only 7 have survived to form a second leaf, and they are on regular watch. I've got another two varieties as back up that are going well, albeit a couple of months behind the big boys. One of my remaining ambitions in life is to grow a 3lb onion, because for me the journey from a seed the size of a grain of sugar to a huge onion is fascinating to follow. I have managed 2lb 12oz specimens on a couple of occasions, but the yearned for prize one still eludes me.

ps if this doesn't meet the "pretty pointless threads" criteria you asked for, I don't know what does.
    It does.....and a great start. Would anyone like to know when as a young matelot , i ran into a few bootnecks in Southsea?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    It does.....and a great start. Would anyone like to know when as a young matelot , i ran into a few bootnecks in Southsea?
    I would love to know, mainly because I didn't know what a bootneck is and it might help me when I'm on 'Who wants to be a millionaire?'
    A quick google search suggests that they are Royal Marines, but I thought as fellow seafarers they would be your mates.

I would love to know, mainly because I didn't know what a bootneck is and it might help me when I'm on 'Who wants to be a millionaire?'
    A quick google search suggests that they are Royal Marines, but I thought as fellow seafarers they would be your mates.
    No love lost between us and the Marines. So, do you wanna know what happened ?

Just commenced veg growing including onions here. An activity I enjoy with my kids. The climate here being warmer makes veg growing hard and is generally more suited to the southern states of Australia. Things like egg plant, onions, capsicum ( red pepper to you) grow better here but I am trying my luck with some root veg as well. I live almost entirely off the grid now save about 25% of our electric and internet access ( no sewage we have a biocycle system, 24 solar panels and 50 gallons of tank water with a UV system for cleaning ) so I am taking the next step to grow more food. I'm not a Greenie persae but I do hate city living. I don't think we will come close to that size of onion but will give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Just commenced veg growing including onions here. An activity I enjoy with my kids. The climate here being warmer makes veg growing hard and is generally more suited to the southern states of Australia. Things like egg plant, onions, capsicum ( red pepper to you) grow better here but I am trying my luck with some root veg as well. I live almost entirely off the grid now save about 25% of our electric and internet access ( no sewage we have a biocycle system, 24 solar panels and 50 gallons of tank water with a UV system for cleaning ) so I am taking the next step to grow more food. I'm not a Greenie persae but I do hate city living. I don't think we will come close to that size of onion but will give it a go.
    Never have liked bleddy gardening, looks like I'm going to have to concentrate on finding a hobby for Saturdays! Bollox!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast