+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings v Eastleigh

Match Ratings v Eastleigh

McDodgy....nearly got me before Covid-19 ( I think it's important that we try and keep our sense of humour in these difficult times ) when he slipped in the first half. Nothing to do, his kicking was better today though....7
    Bill.....he's not the D(u)KE, did ok.....7
    Lacey.....the lad is class.....8.5
    Rawlo......not at his best today.....7
    The Welsh kid at left back.....thought he started well but had a few dodgy moments.....7
    Rose.....can we have last seasons Mitch back please, good pass for big Berts goal but nothing else....6
    Popeye.....didn't think he was that great today.....7
    Enzio.....did ok but some shocking shooooooooooooooting today.....7
    Messi......can we get him p1ssed and make him sign a 10 year deal! Brilliant again....9
    The Menace....I love this lad, such a clever player and another great finish.....9
    Bertie.......back to his best......9

Thomas.....looked like he had a point to prove, plenty of running.........6
    Crawfy.......I like this lad............7
    Wilson........not enough time today.....6

Can't agree with your Doyle appraisal, I and those around me thought Doyle was magnificent today. He was at the start of most moves today, even if it was getting a toe in.
    His energy levels are amazing. If, during a game, you could spend a few minutes just watching him, it's an education. My MOM.

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    Can't agree with your Doyle appraisal, I and those around me thought Doyle was magnificent today. He was at the start of most moves today, even if it was getting a toe in.
    His energy levels are amazing. If, during a game, you could spend a few minutes just watching him, it's an education. My MOM.
    Not his biggest fan earlier in the season but he's certainly stepped up to the mark and been one of our better performace in recent months. I take your point and maybe I was a little harsh.

Dennis was MoM for me

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    Dennis was MoM for me
    Dito.

McDonnell 6 - hard to mark high or low because he only had one routine save to make.
    Brindley 6.5 - had a fair game but on current form DKE looks the best option at right back.
    Rawlinson 7 - another good, solid performance.
    Lacey 7- see above.
    Bagan 6.5 - not a lot between him and McCrory at left back, a good example of the squad depth we have.
    Roberts 7.5 - sometimes takes the wrong option and not everything worked today, but what a player! I love it that his first instinct is always to go forward, there's a real sense of expectation whenever he gets the ball.
    Doyle 7.5 - showed what he offers today, always involved and a calm head. He did nothing spectacular, but I can see why Ardley will always see him as one of the first names on the teamsheet.
    Rose 6 - I maybe being a bit generous here with a 6, but he did show his usual commitment and provided a very intelligent pass for Wootton's second. The downside is that he was indecisive on the ball and his passing was poor
    Boldewijn 6.5 - I don't get why people call him lazy, because his best work was done defensively, pity he left his shooting boots at home.
    Wootton 7.5 - much better, although he seemed to have done something to upset the ref who gave him nothing all afternoon. Two good finishes and led the line to good effect.
    Dennis 8* - how did we manage to send a player of his ability out on loan when we were so cr@p last season? A constant threat throughout, and another good goal.

Crawford 7 - again looked the part when he came on. Surely he offers more than Rose at home.
    Thomas 6 - not much time to impress but good to see him make the effort to get a starting place.
    Wilson 6 - see above.

Apart from the obvious huge negative hanging over us all, we can only take positives from events on the pitch. It was one of those rare occasions at Notts - an enjoyable and comprehensive win with no nervy moments. At last we are looking like a pretty formidable football team. It may count for nothing in the grand scheme of things, but at least we went out on a high.

Doyle is quality at this level, would always be in my Notts side whether we play 4-3-3 or 3-5-2. He's playing better now, as the team is, which is expected but he's been one of our best two central midfielders all season. Not surprised the manager plays him as much as possible.

I have no idea why he was getting so much stick and along with Enzio seemed to be the scapegoat for the boo boys for most of the season.

McDonnell - 7 - Didn't have to do a great deal but dealt with their crosses well enough
    Brindley - 7 - Not sure he put a foot wrong without being spectacular
    Rawlinson - 7 - Likewise
    Lacey - 8 - The guy just looks so composed at all times, him and Connell dealt with their big lad with ease
    Bagan - 7 - See Brindley
    Enzio - 7.5 - Worked hard for the team, unlucky not to score when the GK slipped
    Doyle - 8 - "He's played well today, and he needed to with Rose alongside him", thought he ran the midfield
    Rose - 5 - Thought he was woeful again tbh, his one good contribution came with the really well worked goal but he made more mistakes than the rest of the team combined
    Roberts - 8 - He's a class above this level for sure, mad that Bruce didn't even have a look at him when Rafa had him in his first team plans, he won't be here long
    Wootton - 8.5 - Thought he started pretty slow, went down too easily a couple of times but he got better as the game went on and took his chances well
    Dennis - 10* - Flawless performance imo. Definitely should have been the man of the match, used the ball well pretty much every time he touched it, covered every blade of grass closing things down, put it on a plate for Wootton with his cross and scored himself, Dennis the menace is on fire and long may it continue.

McDonnell 6 - Not a lot to do. Some good claims from crosses and bat one dodgy moment, looked good.

Brindley 6 - Steady. Still not the same player from early season.

Bagan 6.5 - Steady. Calm and composed.

Lacey 7 - Absolute class for this level.

Rawlinson 7 - Not his best game but by the same token was not bad. He's set the bar really high by his performances to date so expectations are high.

Roberts 8 - Pure class. We were crying out for someone like him last season, who can make something from nothing. Always looks dangerous and never afraid to try.

Enzio 6 - Thought he was a passenger for large parts and often looks clumsy in possession. Not entirely bad just know he can offer more going forwards. If his best work is defensive, as an out and out attacking player, why are we playing him?

Doyle 7 - Nothing spectacular, but does the unglamarous stuff really well and always involved.

Rose 6 - Would have been less but gets an extra Mark for his pass to Wootton. Can never fault his effort, but he's indecisive and wasteful in possession. Hate to say it but he looks a non-league player...

Wootton 7 - Got nothing from the ref but put a real shift in. First was a sitter, required composure for the second.

Dennis 8 - Echo the comments above. He's a really smart, proper footballer. Too good for this level. Why oh why did he let him go out on loan last season... big mistake.

Subs
    Crawford 6.5 - Full of energy and looks decent. Would start ahead of Rose for me.

Thomas 6 - Looked very keen and sense he's hungry to get the shirt back.

Wilson 6 - Good effort.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Doyle is quality at this level, would always be in my Notts side whether we play 4-3-3 or 3-5-2. He's playing better now, as the team is, which is expected but he's been one of our best two central midfielders all season. Not surprised the manager plays him as much as possible.

I have no idea why he was getting so much stick and along with Enzio seemed to be the scapegoat for the boo boys for most of the season.
    Can you give us your ratings from where you watched the game?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast